sat in tonight

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by huckleberry1, Jan 4, 2014.

1. huckleberry1

huckleberry1 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    student
    I sat in with some guys and played old rock & roll all night- really good time. They threw a list at me with about:bassist: 20 songs and I really enjoyed myself, hope everybody has a little fun this week.
  2. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom Supporting Member

Sounds like fun! Glad you had a good time.

I went out last night, got to meet the members of a Swedish Rockabilly band, The Go Getters. They were DJing at the bar. We danced all night. Great bunch of guys. Had drinks and talked music and hot rods all night.
    Tonight my friends and I are going to catch their first ever show in Greece.

To top it off, I was invited to bring my band to Sweden and play with them (more of a friendly invite than a strict business arrangement), and I spoke with the bar owner of the place we were last night, about booking a show there.

ALso, met 2 fellas that have an online radio show and have a location that books bands. Was asked to play there as well.

Aaaaand, as we went for our late night (early morning) meal, stopped in to 3 other bars/clubs and spoke to them about setting up some gigs.

Things here in Greece tend to be hands on. Booking gigs over the phone, at least for a first show, doesn't cut it.

All in all, a fun and productive night out. :)