1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Satin Doll NHOP transcription

Discussion in 'Music Theory [DB]' started by flowinowen, Nov 30, 2012.

1. flowinowen

flowinowen

I just finished my transcription of NHOP's walking line in "Satin Doll". I'd like to see some feedback on what your guys' thoughts are on what Niels plays, transcription mistakes, etc. Please constructive criticism!!!!! I know there are a few mistakes in here that I have not caught. I deliberately left out the hits they worked in their version. Thanks for the input!

Here is the original link I used. The video is off though :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inBaY7X3KTg

And here is the .PDF link

Attached Files:

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Administrator

Very nice. It's right on the money for the most part, full of Niels' trademark triple chromatic approach lines on standard changes. The last three notes of m. 16 and the downbeat of m. 17 should be written an octave lower, as should bars 30 and 31. Bars 18 and 20 have more going on in them than you notated, and the last four notes of m. 24 should be F-F#-G-C ((the C is tied over). Other than that, it all looks good. The real challenge will be to play it along with the recording trying to capture all of the nuances of the feel. Good luck!

3. flowinowen

flowinowen

Thanks a bunch for the input! think I got most everything figured out now.