Saying good bye to a long-time colleague

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by skwee, Jul 25, 2013.

1. skwee

skwee

Well, last show of the season, last performance of a program that I won't miss at all (toured it for two years!), and last performance for my buddy who is moving on from the group.

Sad to see him go. We'll run into each other on a freelance gig every once in a while after this, and we will be in the studio next week doing an album, but I've been making music with this guy for nine years. He's been a great friend, a good mentor, and one of the only guys I feel I could connect with every single night onstage and just get it done. One of the best bass singers you could ever hope to work with. We have hired a good young replacement, but this is sort of the end of an era.

I hope that each and every one of you get a chance to work with someone like this. Feeling lucky to have been able to have that kind of professional relationship.

2. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Yeah - we humans are creatures of habit expressly as we get comfortable, but good and bad things happen for a reason and not much last forever - so all we can do is enjoy while we can.