SBMM: RAY34 Battery/Wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mattattack187, Dec 3, 2013.

1. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

I checked out the Battery compartment for the first time on my Ray34 and noticed there's not a whole lot of slack in the wire that runs to the battery connector. I can see this being somewhat of a pain to get the 9V out of there when it comes time to change the batter and I don't want to force it off and bend/break a connector. Does anyone who has one of these Basses know if more slack can be gained by pulling the wires through the wire hole a little more without ripping it's connection to the jack?

Did that make sense at all? haha
  2. LouDog92

LouDog92

I had a SBMM and changed the battery without any issues. I know what you are talking about, and as I remember, it was more difficult than it needed to be, but I didn't have any real issues with it. I didn't pull for any more slack than was there.
  3. mattattack187

Thanks. I play maybe 20 mins a day so it will probably be a while before I have to deal with it!
  4. LouDog92

LouDog92

Just make sure you are unplugging the jack from the guitar every time you are done playing. If you are doing that, it could literally be a couple years.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mattattack187

Oh ya, always unplugged when I'm not playing.