Scale Practice

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by markjsmithbass, Dec 24, 2013.

1. markjsmithbass

markjsmithbass Supporting Member

Finally got around to doing a big video devoted to playing scales over the entire fretboard and using what I've christened the Tri Shape System. I've mentioned it a few times in threads when discussing scales and I always find it hard to describe so this vid will hopefully clear things up. If anyone has another name for this way of looking at scales positions then let me know. I gave it the name Tri Shape obviously because of the 3 patterns for any one area. It's a fairly long vid but covers most of what you need to know in terms of shapes around the fingerboard.

http://www.talkingbass.net/practice-scales-entire-fretboard-tri-shape-system/

The other vid I've released is a guide to scale practice based on the Study Book Of Scales. The Tri shape system is mentioned along with some examples of practice exercises like scale fragements/sequences and position shifts. It's a bit of an ad for the book but there's enough practice material to probably warrant putting it out there.

http://www.talkingbass.net/great-scale-practice-tips-bass-guitar-study-book-scales/

Hope the vids are useful. I've been busting my ass editing them for the past few days at the same time as preparing for Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Mark

2. p0ppyman

p0ppyman Supporting Member

Thank you Mark! As a beginner it was a nice Christmas present! I take my fourth lesson this Saturday. Your video gives me something else of value to throw into my practice routine. It is very easy to stop the video to study the pattern diagrams. Great job!

Cheers,

Billy

3. Mark Plays Bass

Mark Plays Bass Supporting Member

I just watched the video about the "Tri Shape System" and really enjoyed it. Great editing and pacing. Keep up the good work and good luck to you.

Thanks!

4. LowDownChick

LowDownChick

5. Register to disable this ad