1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Scammer or just ill-informed??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by srvlives4evr, Jan 16, 2013.

1. srvlives4evr

srvlives4evr Supporting Member

delete post please
  2. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

I would walk away. Other fish in the sea, but it's your time.
  3. amimbari

amimbari

how can you be a scammer when you can go to his place and look at it personally?

If he is wrong then he is and you walk away...
  4. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Go look at it. Hold the appraisal in your hand. Hold the bass in your hand. Open up the control cavity. If it passes the smell test, and you want it, then buy it. It's now priced lower than what you had offered. So if you want it, do your homework and then go see it. Look at some pics online of the control cavity of a real Spector. Print them out even. That's where most fakes get caught. But look at pics of other details as well. But if it checks out, and he wants less than you are willing to pay, then buy the dang thing and come back here with pics!
  5. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

This ^^^

Scams are only on the internet, not face to face
  6. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time. Supporting Member

I've seen his ad several months now, but consider this. It took me almost 4 months to sell an '03 MIM Precision for $250. Not that many bass players in Phoenix with a G burning a hole in their pocket right about now. Buyers market, for sure.

Admittedly, I know little about Spectors and their value... but having different photos - one in an old ad, different pricing, and a "deployed brother" don't seem that unusual...especially for Craigslist.
  7. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Also, $1100 is a little high for a Euro but not absurd. If it actually was an NS-2 it would be a steal.
  8. ldervish

ldervish Supporting Member

9. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time. Supporting Member

Astonishing that there are two basses for sale in the same city at the same time - but not be the same bass. I don't think so, anyway. The flaming pattern seems different to me, and I can't see the stamp on the treble side of the bridge on the Craigslist bass. The TBer is a bassist, but the CL seller says he's not.
  10. mizzou541

mizzou541 Supporting Member

"This is the nicest bass guitar...(pause)...that I have ever laid eyes on"
  11. BoomBoomOGTL

BoomBoomOGTL Supporting Member

It's definitley a EuroLX (by the serial number) and it has a very nice top. Euros with tops/finishes like the one in the photo can bring $1200. There's a couple in the TB marketplace right now priced similarly. Sellers price isn't out of line if the bass checks out.
  12. WoodyG3

WoodyG3 Supporting Member

My guess is just ill-imformed. If the price is fair, and you as a buyer know what you are getting, it doesn't matter.
  13. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    It's hard to tell because Spectors fit & finish is incredible across the board, but I'm almost entirely certain that it's not an NS-2 because the back of the headstock looks like it says "Czech Republic", indicating that it's actually a Euro.

His pricing for a Euro is fair, though he should change his post title.

My vote: misinformed.