1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Schack bass guitar for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tommy2times, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Tommy2times

Tommy2times

Selling my 1997, handmade German Schack bass, in perfect condition. Bought it in 1997 for 900 Irish Pounds (€1100, $1400). Selling on as I no longer play it and I need the cash.

Price €700 + Shipping

Cheers,

Tom

DSCF1763.jpg

DSCF1753.jpg
  2. Tommy2times

Tommy2times

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Ye gads! I have the same thing in a 5 string. Does this have a Basstec pickup and/or push-pull option on the volume knob?

GLWTS!

Riis
  4. Tommy2times

Tommy2times

Hey man, thanks, yes it has a Basstec pickup, it doesnt have a push pull volume knob. Its a really sweet bass to play. Nice to talk to a fellow Schack owner. i've never come across anyone else who owns a Schack bass in Ireland, but from researching online they have a good rep. Would not sell only need the cash
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

That's kinda strange. Mine has a 3 conductor holex-type connection between the pickup and pot harness. Not sure if it does the series / parallel thing of humbucker / single-coil when you lift the volume knob. Who's to say? Your Schack is in much better shape than mine. Some other shared features:

*One piece maple neck with some really nice looking rosewood for the fingerboard.

*Two piece ash body. Again the figuring on your 4 string is primo.

*Zero fret.

*Single acting trussrod accessible at headstock (tiltback).

Somebody will be really happy with this, I guarantee.

Riis
  7. Tommy2times

Tommy2times

You certainly know your stuff man. Perhaps I picked you up wrong about the volume push pull knob, I assumed what that meant is that you can press in the volume knob but from your last post it sounds a lot more complex so maybe it is the same as yours!! Im not up to speed on the inner mechanics of basses, but I know how to play one, and this is one of the nicest I've played.

Thanks for the extra info on it, much appreciated!

Tom
  8. Tommy2times

Tommy2times

Price drop €650 + Shipping
  9. gabezylo

gabezylo

will you ship to canada?