Schecter Custom Diamond P vs. Squier Vintage Modified P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tdub0199, May 27, 2010.

1. tdub0199

tdub0199

what do you guys think about these two basses, I want a P-Bass but really don't want an MIM Fender, The Schecter is going for $499.99 and the Squier is $279.99, I won't be using it to gig, just practicing and what not and just to have a p-bass in my arsenal, I use 5 & 6 strings when playing out, I'm just wondering if the Schecter is worth the extra cash? It doesn't matter to me as far as how much I spend between the two but i wanna get my moneys worth ya know, if the Squier is really as good as people say or should I step up to the Schecter, I have a Schecter Stiletto Custom 4 modded w/ EMG 35P4's and i also have a Schecter C5 Custom so I know that Schecter makes a great product..... what do you guys think?
  2. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Dingwall ABZ Player Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I think you'll get similar quality instruments, but they're totally different animals. Personally, I'd love to have the Schecter, since I've always wanted one of the Fender American Deluxe Precision basses, which that bass is modeled after.

However, if you want 'just a P', then get the Squier, since it's almost as simple as a P can get.
  3. tdub0199

tdub0199

Bump Please....
  4. infamusblkdeath

infamusblkdeath

well, it all depends on what sound you are looking for... the squier will have a lot lower output compared to the schecter which i hear sounds almost like an active P bass with kick. it's going to punch a hell of alot more than the squier and will have more tonal versitility. that being said, i'd pick the schecter, but if your just looking for something more simple, ie. just a p bass then get the squier. otherwise i can't really help you out, cause you don't exactly say what your looking for besides a p bass.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cetera

cetera

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Schecter all the way....
  7. tdub0199

tdub0199

O.K. the Schecter it is...