1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Schecter Diamond P 5 (NBD)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jlepre, Jan 17, 2013.

1. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Location Date Local Time Activity
    Chester, NY, United States 01/17/2013 5:21 A.M. Out For Delivery

[​IMG]

I snagged this one from MF in their used section for about $200 below retail. I was told it was only missing the truss rod tool, which is no biggie. I hope that's ALL that is wrong with it.

I've owned one of these recently in Dark Metallic Blue, but always wanted the white.

Pics to follow, as long as it doesn't go straight back.
  2. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

It's HERE!!!

and it's nicer that I thought it would be! I mean the setup is spot on, nice and low the way I like it! It was supposed to be USED, but it still had the film on the pick guard, and all the stickers.

It's as close to new as I would expect a new bass to be. Great growl even with the stock strings. I just need some Schaller Strap lock, and she'll be ready to go.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, but my wife is the photographer, and she's working right now.

I know no pics = no bass, so here goes...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Wow! No love for the Diamond P 5?
  4. topcat2069

topcat2069 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: GK Amps / non compensated Warmoth Guitar and Bass Parts
    I had a white one.... The sound is Great... the best sounding of the Am Dlx. P Bass 5 pickups I had found, strong and clear amazing B string.... mine came without a string tree... I installed a Hipshot 3 string holder.... Great playing and sounding Bass !!!:cool:
  5. madbassplaya

madbassplaya Supporting Member

Schecter doesn't seem to get a ton of love here. I really dig the white!
  6. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

I had the hipshot 3 string retainer on my last Schecter P5. I need to buy another one now. I really do love the clear B.
  7. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Me too! That's the color I wanted in the first place, but I couldn't pass up a used one I found for $300. I ended up flipping it for the same price, and got to test it out for a few months. Now I KNOW I want it, and am so happy I finally got the WHITE I wanted in the first place.
  8. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Oh and the real kicker is that I got THIS one for about the same price as the BLUE on that I just sold.
  9. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

That's a cool looking bass. I love P-basses in general, and think Schecters never get the credit that they deserve. I haven't tried that model, but I'd love to.

Enjoy.
  10. Buskman

Buskman

Very nice! Great P5 on a budget... Enjoy!

I've read that these tend to be on the heavier side... What's the weight on yours like?
  11. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Thanks!

If I just roll off the bridge PUP I can't get an awesome Pbass thump! I love the versatility. I may even flip the bridge PUP as when in single coil mode for some reason Schecter decided to use the coils closest to the bridge. I heard where another guy flipped the pup and got a mice nicer result.
  12. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

They are a little heavy, but they're balanced so well you'd hardly notice the weight. I'm slightly more buff than a skeleton and I had no issues wearing mine for an hour or more without a break.

Congrats on the new bass! No more dropping iPads, even though this worked out the way you wanted.:p
  13. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

I was worried when I got my first one, as I had heard the same thing...

What's interesting is that it's a shade over 10 pounds, but balances so nicely that it feels LIGHTER than my SR5 that is about the same weight.

I get less shoulder fatigue at the end of the night with this bass.

I think it's because the upper horn pin is almost at the 12th fret, where as my SR5 isn't that far out.

Does that make sense?
  14. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

LOL!

I used that as an excuse so I could get the color I REALLY wanted...Shhhhhh don't tell my wife...:p
  15. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Congrats. Those are great basses.
  16. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Well done! I have the same Bass. Thinking about trying some prosteels on it to see how bright a sound I can get out of it.
  17. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

I have a set of EBMM cobalts I may try on her, but not sure if the G will be long enough to reach using string thru body.

I may have to go thru the bridge for that string. Is there anything wrong with doing that?
  18. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Not at all. I recently started to top load the strings and notice no difference at all in tension or sound. I do string the B thru just for the hell of it.
  19. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

That is what I was definitely going to do with the B string at least. Love this bass
  20. SDMFJay

SDMFJay

Waiting for the Diamond P Custom Active 5 coming out. One word... GAS.