Schecter Diamond Prototype P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Larbacca, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Larbacca

Larbacca

2. Bobster

Bobster

Since it's listed as a prototype, I can only guess that Schecter experimented with the idea of a P and for whatever reason sold them off.

Apparently Drum City/Guitarland bought it (them).

These will be unusual instruments. Nice looking too.

Bob
  3. Larbacca

Larbacca

Yeah, I was thinking something similar, but I'm not familiar with how the prototype prefix is thrown around. I've seen it used in the experimental tone like this one, but also as a marketing name. I think you're right, it looks like they only have one.
  4. awilkie84

awilkie84

Be leery of flat/wide necks with big hands.

My Jackson CB-XV had a flat wide neck and my big hands HATED it. No depth to the back of the neck meant cramps in my palm. :(
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TDR1138

TDR1138

My guess is the necks are the same as the P/double-J that are in all the Guitar Centers...

I'm not sure what relationship Drum City Guitar Land has with Schecter, but it seems like anytime you hear the words "Schecter" and "prototype" used together, they're somehow involved. I would see a fair amount of "Schecter prototypes" on craigslist when I was in Denver. I actually emailed the shop about one and the owner did confirm it came from there, rough time frame when it was sold, store's asking price, etc. Pretty helpful for researching a used instrument that they had nothing more to do with...