1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Schecter Guitar Research Custom C-4, whatcha guys think?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Myrriad, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Myrriad

Myrriad

I've been looking for a new bass (a Jazz), and I also love the sound from my G&L (Humbuckers). This seems like the best of both worlds, in a color I love. Anyone ever play one? I just want to know how she sounds, can't find a video either. I'm guessing like a Jazz. I want a nice smooth sound.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/Products/Bass/C-4-Custom.aspx
  2. IntrepidCellist

IntrepidCellist Supporting Member

The preamp and pickups on those are very modern and clear sounding, and can go from smooth and dark to bright, punchy, and clangy. Lightweight for the most part, and very comfortable necks. I've had a C-4 Elite for almost a decade now, and I still play it alongside much more expensive basses.
  3. Myrriad

Myrriad

Just as a random example, could it match this tone?

4. Myrriad

Myrriad

Also, if anyone else has this bass, I'd love to hear more opinions.
  5. Myrriad

Myrriad

Ordering this bass in a few days, and I'm excited, so have a bump haha.
  6. B0NEYARD

B0NEYARD

You just can't go wrong with a Schecter in my book......They sound great, the neck feels good, and the bass is lite......

Attached Files:

7. Misterwogan

Misterwogan

Why does a bass need xtra-jumbo frets?
  8. Myrriad

Myrriad

No clue, but she sure is pretty.
  9. tdub0199

tdub0199

I have never had any experience with this exact model but I have a few Schecters and they are great Basses!!!
  10. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lawyer & Hobbist Bass Maker
    My brother has a Stiletto-5 and I at one time bought a C-V ( and owned it for a very short period) to see what it was all about. I wound up selling it because the neck on this 5-string version was wider than expected.

But in terms of the sound of the C-class Schecters, the statements by IntrepidCellist are very accurate. These are modern clean basses. This particular model does not have that old school growl that many people want to have. It's entirely due to the electronics. These Schecter's can literally sit in a modern jazz session and sound as though they were meant to be part of that genre.

I've always maintained that the Schecter custom shop produces some of the best basses and guitars in the market today. Really nice and relevant stuff. But even with the other 95% of what they do is offshore, they manage to get the Korean factory to build their basses to spec.

You should be fine with the C-4. Even if you don't play jazz.
  11. Myrriad

Myrriad

Bumping this old post up, still loving the bass, just wondered if anyone had any pictures of the bass, I've heard the red is quite a bit lighter in person.