Schecter Owner's Club, pt 2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by My name is Mudd, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My name is Mudd

My name is Mudd

Cont'd from here...

Starting off pt. 2 with a question; I've been thinking about upgrading the pre in my Stiletto to an Aggie...thoughts on using vol / vol vs. vol / blend?
  2. Tropic

Tropic

I've heard that makes it sound like the pickups are actually blending.I know when I turn my pre over to the neck pickup on the bass, the sound is week so I leave it on the neck pickup. But it sounds like a good idea. I've been thinking about adding an EMG BQC pre and DC pickups but for all of that money, I don't want to be the one to install it and mess it up somehow.
  3. Spraeg

Spraeg

I've considered the same thing as a future project, if you decide to go forward with this, let us know what the result is. I generally prefer vol/blend to vol/vol, I feel it gives more control, and you only have to worry about one master volume, and then just blend to taste rather than having to tweak two knobs in competition with each other.
  4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

I put a new pair of EMG 40P5's along with a new Aguilar OBP-2TK in my Elite-5. Sounds killer now and it's still wired as 9 volts. I've left my Studio-5 stock for the time being, but if I decide to upgrade it, I'll install a new pair of EMG CS40's along with an Aguilar OBP-3 into it.

Here are the 40P5's (perfect fit)
    [​IMG]

And here's the Aguilar OBP-2 TK (notice in the previous photo that I used the original knobs supplied with the bass)
    [​IMG]

TD
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. woo10

woo10

I'm not 100% sure but I thought that if you're gonna be using an EMG pre as well, then shouldn't the installation require no soldering, so it wouldn't be too hard to do?
  7. Craig630

Craig630

Me with my Stiletto at the NE GTG this past weekend:
    [​IMG]
    Numbah please!
  8. darryljr23

darryljr23

Thanks for the clarification TD. So what differences are there between the elite and studio?
  9. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

The main differece between them is that the Studio utilizes a 3 band EQ (separate bass, mid, treble) in the preamp, while the Elite utilizes a 2 band EQ (separate (bass, treble).

TD
  10. My name is Mudd

My name is Mudd

This is what I'm thinking also, actually - I asked in case there was something I'd missed.

Part of the reason I'm considering this is that my current blend circuit (the factory issue) is really more of a three-way switch, rather than a true blender. However, in looking at some of the pre options that Aguilar offers, the blender pot is not included and its suggested/implied that one use their pre-existing blend pot, which kinda defeats the purpose of my swapping out to begin with. Time for further research, I guess...

And yeah, if/when I do this, I'll post about it...promise.
  11. metallicafan18

metallicafan18

Woohoo! Part 2!

Mudd-Do you want to do numbers this go around, or do you want me to keep it up? It doesn't matter to me, and I'm down for either way. Just let me know.
  12. Tropic

Tropic

I've heard that but I've never seen any pics or video of anyone actually installing emg pickups to an emg pre.
  13. My name is Mudd

My name is Mudd

I'll be happy to help, if you want...send me a copy of the master list and whoever sees a new applicant first can issue the number...good?
  14. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Well, in case you guys were wondering what happened to me, I still live, but times are hard, and I am considering selling off my gear, including my four Schecters.

I am kinda hoping you guys could try to talk me out of it. Otherwise, I'll have to open a classified thread.

I currently have an elite 4, a c-4 xxx, a 004, and an omen 6 (guitar). Got a body and neck for a stilleto extreme 4 I am restoring too.
  15. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

EMGs all have the Quick Connect doohicky, I thought.
  16. VoodooDust

VoodooDust

Here's my beautiful Hellraiser 4 and an action shot(forgot my strap). It must have been sitting in a store in the Netherlands for some time before I bought it and has some minor scratches on the back from that time. Had to act quick after noticing that Schecter discontinued them and was able to get one of the last ones that were available in Europe. The chances of getting a used one are pretty much zero over here, so it was now or never.
    So... number please?

Attached Files:

17. Tropic

Tropic

:eek: You're insane, where did this come from?
  18. My name is Mudd

My name is Mudd

Oh crap...that bad?

Absolute worst case, sell everything but one bass...I'd keep either the Stiletto or the MM; keep the Peavey and the SWR, sell the rest, and are you sure you have to do this?

- edit - remember also that you live in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, and shipping to anywhere is gonna cost someone a bit of change...
  19. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Not any more. The move back to the mainland is part of the problem. It wad very expensive.
  20. jackajesusfreak

jackajesusfreak

I have a nice C-4 aged white for sale in the classifieds if anyone is looking.
  21. My name is Mudd

My name is Mudd

Oh...didn't know that. Welcome to the mainland then, I guess.

I still stand by what I said before, tho...I'd hate to think that you had nothing left. That's just wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.