1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Schecter Studio-5 machine head

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by daveg62, Dec 27, 2008.

1. daveg62

daveg62

I have a Schecter Studio-5 bass that has a broken post on the E string. According to the Schecter site these are Grover tuners so I'm thinking they are the Grover 144GS. The color looks like satin gold which isn't very common. They also don't say Grover on them anywhere so I'm a little un-shure if they are the same. So I'm having a hard time finding just one tuner that will match and the sets are all for 4-string basses.
    Any suggestions on where to find a replacement? Or do I need to just replace them all or buy a 4-string set? This is my son's bass and it was a gift so I feel like I need to fix it right for him.
    Another idea I just thought of while reading through some posts was to put one of those drop-D tuners on. Would that make any sense on a 5-string? Maybe not , I'm not a bass player but just an idea.
    I emailed Schecter but haven't heard anything back yet. Bass was bought used so no warranty.
    Appreciate any thoughts or ideas.
  2. MadMan118

MadMan118