1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Schecter Studio 5 vs Cort GB5 vs Cort A5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by djasterix, Sep 25, 2013.

1. djasterix

djasterix Supporting Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to decide between this 3 basses. I actually own a Cort Action V DLX, and like it very much, but want to upgrade to a better one.

Like the sound and feel of the Schecter, but have read and heard that the gold hardware is not very good.

Love the look and feel of the GB5, but lacks of character IMO.

Finally love the weight and feel of the A5, but sound very close to my Action V DLX.

I play alternative Christian and classic rock.

Thanks for your help
  2. Gabriel51

Gabriel51 Supporting Member

It's true they had a problem with the shinny gold hardware, do they still? I think if you took good care of it things would be OK.
    It differs in scale from your other choices, the Schecter is 35' scale if it's a 5 string.
    I had a Cort A5 and it was beautiful, but i need 35' scale so I sold it.