1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Score

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EdgeXXL, Jan 23, 2014.

1. EdgeXXL

EdgeXXL Supporting Member

So today I was talking to a couple of my friends and casually mentioned that I had just started playing Bass again. I don't even know how it came up in the conversation we were having. Well one of them says hey my brother has a bass guitar he hasn't played in several years. I asked what it was and he said he would call his brother and ask him. He called his brother and it turned out to be a "Made in the USA Peavey Foundation". His brother said if I wanted to come and get it I could HAVE IT. Needless to say I couldn't get there fast enough.

I am now the proud new owner of a white USA Peavey Foundation. The bass was pretty dirty and missing two of the knobs. It also needed a set up done on it pretty bad. I looked up on how to adjust the truss rod and came across an owners manual on the internet. I said what the heck if I can fix Jets for 30 years I can surely try and set up this bass. Well after some adjustments on the truss rod and a neck pocket adjustment I am in business. I put on a set of Rotosound Stainless roundwounds and it sounds great. It has some dings and scratches on it but heck for free I ain't going to complain. I know picts or it didn't happen.

Enjoy

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
  2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Nice...congrats !
  3. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

hey you got one of the nice ones! gonna have to buy your friend and his bro a couple of beers eh
  4. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

Yeah, definitly great score, especially at that price! ;)
    I had a chance to get one earlier this year, but I missed out due to being out of town.
  5. EdgeXXL

EdgeXXL Supporting Member

Already done.
  6. 69limeRev

69limeRev

Another bass playin A&P mech! Nice score.
  7. Reddog01

Reddog01

You got the best deal in town!
  8. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

Very nice. But tell me-----with that big headstock and all---
    (1) does a Foundation neck dive at all? (2) Any jazz tone to them naturally with those pickups?
  9. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!! Supporting Member

Big hoo-ahh on that bass score and I gotta say there is nothing more satisfying than doing your own (read: personal) setups. Enjoy and display Peavey Pride!
  10. elgecko

elgecko