Score

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EdgeXXL, Jan 23, 2014.

1. EdgeXXL

EdgeXXL Supporting Member

So today I was talking to a couple of my friends and casually mentioned that I had just started playing Bass again. I don't even know how it came up in the conversation we were having. Well one of them says hey my brother has a bass guitar he hasn't played in several years. I asked what it was and he said he would call his brother and ask him. He called his brother and it turned out to be a "Made in the USA Peavey Foundation". His brother said if I wanted to come and get it I could HAVE IT. Needless to say I couldn't get there fast enough.

I am now the proud new owner of a white USA Peavey Foundation. The bass was pretty dirty and missing two of the knobs. It also needed a set up done on it pretty bad. I looked up on how to adjust the truss rod and came across an owners manual on the internet. I said what the heck if I can fix Jets for 30 years I can surely try and set up this bass. Well after some adjustments on the truss rod and a neck pocket adjustment I am in business. I put on a set of Rotosound Stainless roundwounds and it sounds great. It has some dings and scratches on it but heck for free I ain't going to complain. I know picts or it didn't happen.

Enjoy

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

3. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

hey you got one of the nice ones! gonna have to buy your friend and his bro a couple of beers eh

4. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

Yeah, definitly great score, especially at that price! ;)
    I had a chance to get one earlier this year, but I missed out due to being out of town.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. EdgeXXL

EdgeXXL Supporting Member

Already done.

7. 69limeRev

69limeRev

Another bass playin A&P mech! Nice score.

8. Reddog01

Reddog01

You got the best deal in town!

9. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

Very nice. But tell me-----with that big headstock and all---
    (1) does a Foundation neck dive at all? (2) Any jazz tone to them naturally with those pickups?

10. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!! Supporting Member

Big hoo-ahh on that bass score and I gotta say there is nothing more satisfying than doing your own (read: personal) setups. Enjoy and display Peavey Pride!

11. elgecko

elgecko