Scorpions?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 10cc, Jan 7, 2014.

1. 10cc

10cc

What the hell? They were fantastic until the late seventies and then by the eighties yuck! I always thought they were horrible until I found out that they formed in 65? What really 65? Then I thought well let's hear what they were up to in their earlier days. Man was I impressed, there is a lot of really good stuff throughout the first five albums.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fe-enp8QnQ
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RXbDOU30fyg
  2. matti777

matti777 Supporting Member

Big City Nights - one of my favorites
  3. Octavio

Octavio

"Tokyo Tapes" certainly rocked, and the bass is quite prominent in the mix. Check out "Fly to the Rainbow" live for the ultimate in over-the-top whammy bar-ism.
  4. DogBone

DogBone

Oh wow that is cool, thanks for sharing!

As a child of the '80s, I assumed Love at First Sting was the Scorpions first album or something, really never thought about it at the time to be honest.

Very cool stuff. :cool:
  5. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

They were making some cool, interesting music in the 70s. Not so much from the 80s onward, but that could be said of a lot of bands from that era.
  6. 10cc

10cc

I know a few people who thought this same thing too, me included. After discovering this about three years ago I have been on a search for other bands and artists early works. Most will impress me to the the point where I find myself asking why did they change anything? I guess money and personnel change.
  7. Richland123

Richland123

Golden Earring goes back to 1961 and Status Quo began in 1962 as The Spectres.