1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

screw head pickup pbass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jamersonburton, Nov 16, 2012.

1. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

hey guys,
    I have an issue with my seymour duncan spb3 pickup (also had this with the previous stock pickup). The screw head for the D string goes over the pickup itself. This means i cant adjust the pup height the way i would like to. This might be wierd to picture and none of the pictures i took with my cellphone are clear...

So for both the pickups (the stock, and now the spb3), they started off just fine. At one point, i removed the pick guard to check the soldering and when i put it back on, its as if the pickup just pushes itself under the screw head... This is really bugging me since im a little OCD about my gear...
    I have tried countless times to put it back to normal but i fail everytime... Sorry if im not making sense, anyone else have this issue????

2. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

This happens to my P when I smack the end of the pickup while plucking hard. I just grab it and pull it back up.

What's happening is that the edge of the plastic cover is getting hung up on the threads of the screw. You probably pushed it down when putting your pickguard back on.

If it happens a lot, you can add a spring to that individual screw so that it keeps the pickup tight against the head (had to do that with the E side of my P pup)