1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Seam saving bumpers

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by pnchad, Jan 8, 2013.

1. pnchad

pnchad

I think I asked this before but...

What is the preferred method of attaching wooden bumpers to protect the edges of the top & back?

thanks - I know I'll have answers within hours (TBers are the best)
  2. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

I would imagine hide glue, but I think leather or rubber bumpers would be a better choice. Gollihur sells self stick leather and they have been working fine for me.
  3. pnchad

pnchad

I find it hard to believe they would stay but I'll take your word for it and have always been a fan of BG - great guys both

I've seen several serious basses with maple cleats
  4. Michael Eisenman

Michael Eisenman Supporting Member

I made mine from a fan belt à la Paul Warburton (search the threads) and attached them with contact cement (Barge, specifically). They're not going anywhere.
  5. George700DL

George700DL

I made mine from an old leather sewing machine drive belt, and glued it on with Barge contact cement also. If I did it again, I'd use the Home Depot DAP contact cement, as it stinks less than Barge and works equally well.

George
  6. pnchad

pnchad

TBDB never fails

Thanks all