1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

[search] does this bass exist?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reviz, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Reviz

Reviz

I'm searching for a bass with these features:
    - 4 or 5 strings
    - fretless lined
    - ebony fingerboard (or rosewood or some other good wood for fretless, not syntetic)
    - hollow/semihollow (or solid body but light)
    - "normal" bridge (i mean with adjustable saddles, action and octaves)
    - not fanned
    - 34" scale

Any suggestion? Does it exist something similar?
    Months ago I was looking for a Rob Allen MB2. I really love it but for that price I would like to have a fully adjustable bridge.

;)

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

3. Bocete

Bocete My E string is 36 1/4" long Supporting Member

My Dingwall AB-II fits the description (not the bass in my profile image). Here's a picture of one I found online:

[​IMG]

They come in 4 string too.

The fingerboard on my fretless AB-II is epoxy wenge. It's the hardest fingerboard I've seen, easily more durable than the frets on my previous basses. I've practiced, rehearsed, slapped, gigged pretty much exclusively on my AB-II for years, playing very aggressively with roundwounds (my main gig was punk and metal), and there's barely any sign of the string ever having touched the fingerboard. It's also the lighter than any bass or guitar I ever played, though I guess weight depends on the body/neck woods you choose.

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

Carvin SBs are solidbody and tend to be on the heavy side, they can be chambered to shave some weight but they are not a light instrument. I was also thinking Carvin but I was thinking their acoustic/electric line.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/customshop/aebasses.php

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Any of Carvin's neck-thru basses can be equipped with Piezo pickups. They can be pretty light if you get swamp ash bodies.

7. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

GC online has lots of basses that fit your criteria. The MM Stingray w/piezo looks great, so does the Warwick Streamer. So does the Ibanez SR700. You'll have to ask about the weight.

8. olirm

olirm

Ibanez SR fits what you are looking for. Fretless lined, rosewoord board, 2 pickups, solid body but light weight.

I played a friends SR375F for a while and it was very light, standard, bridge, great playability, the pickups were just ok, would be nice if they offered a fretless lined version in their premium line with nordstrands.

9. Reviz

Reviz

Thanks to everyone, I'm still searching if there is something on the market that fits all or many of my criteria.
    I just changed them a little in the starting post.
    I will check some of the bass suggested.

10. TechJunky

TechJunky Supporting Member