Searching for a 12v AC Power Supply for Swell/Myco

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GuzBaas, Nov 27, 2013.

1. GuzBaas

GuzBaas

Hi, anybody have any adea where I can buy a Swell/Myco compatible power supply... I supposed is a 12v AC 500ma
  2. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

I believe it's closer to 1000mA...and you might want to talk to Mike. He used to sell them when he operated under the Swell name. You can also try Jameco.com -- otherwise, the pedal is pretty much useless to you and I would suggest you just mail it to me :bag: :p
  3. GuzBaas

GuzBaas

hahahahahaha you actually made laugh :D

I'm trying to buy one from BassClubChicago.com they don't reply my mails...
  4. Myco Pedals

Myco Pedals

Disclosures:
    Owner: Myco Pedals
    They can be purchased via the Myco Pedals website.

www.mycopedals.com

Thanks,

MikeO
    Myco
  5. GuzBaas

GuzBaas

Ok... I sent a message requesting a new power supply with my paypal address :hyper:

6. franksgbass

franksgbass Supporting Member

Just curious on the price on those. Have you gotten a reply from Mike yet? I have a Swell Peg-B. My adapter works fine, but it's one of those pedals that will be a big part of my tone for a while. And I like to have back-ups of everything. Let me know.
  7. GuzBaas

GuzBaas

Mike reply took just a little while... just before he answered I go one from BassClubChicago.com

Go to bassclubchicago.com and ask for a power supply they sold me one for US$19.99 free shipping :D

Very nice service.

And let me add that those B-Peg are the most misunderstood pedal ever made.... the tone is awesome if you you are into the classic 70's rock tone. You are lucky to have one.
  8. franksgbass

franksgbass Supporting Member

Thanks for the info GuzBaas. It really is an amazing pedal. I know its supposed to be just an overdrive, but it really acts as one of the best pre-amps I have played out of. And I have used quite a few in pedal format at this point.
    I actually got to play a show at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC. The band after us were friends of ours and the bassist had a 74 SVT. He let me use it for our set and I drove the tubes with the Swell. Between the sound of that room, the head, my Lollar P bass pick-ups and the Swell, I was blown away how great of a tone I copped. I was almost sad when it was over because I knew that just couldn't happen like that again. Oh well. I'll move forward and drive my ss GK 1001 with the Swell. It sounds better than most newer amps for sure.