1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Season 4 - TalkBass Fantasy Baseball

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DownWithTheDown, Mar 12, 2014.

1. We've got a Yahoo Fantasy league existing of mostly TB'ers that has been up and running for 3 previous seasons. We're looking for a few new teams.

If you're interested in playing, please post here and/or PM me with your email address and I will send an invite. Here is our previous thread -

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f34/attention-baseball-geeks-755044/

Draft is 3/20/14 at 8:30 Central Time. If you're interested in playing but the draft is inconvenient, you can easily auto draft and be competitive, due to the nature of the league.

Play Ball!

:bassist:

2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I got lucky picking up Puig last year. I had good pitching but was weak on offense until I got him.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy

Nov 29, 2009
    Formerly Staten Island
    Cool...may do this. Sub'd

5. Tasty, luck is a big part of the game, congrats again on winning last yr.

Ragin, hope you can play.

6. Still could use a team or two. Anyone?

7. Last call. We have 12 teams, would like to get to 14. Please PM me your email address if interested.

:bassist:

8. Rickengeezer

Rickengeezer

Feb 25, 2005
    Central Texas
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steve Clayton Accessories
    I'm back in, although last season was an exercise in futility...and with me out of town for the draft, this one could be as well. Although I generally draft pretty poorly anyway....

9. tastybasslines

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I auto drafted and won last year. And ask Down, I was mad and wanted to quit 3 weeks in.

10. Rickengeezer, welcome back.

Tasty lost 5 of his first 7 wks and won the league. I had to win 10 of my last 11 wks to sneak into the playoffs. Just to finish 2nd again. At least both of you have rings. :spit:

We are at 13 now. We need one team. Who wants to play?

11. League filled. Thanks everyone. Good luck!

12. Congrats to Rickengeezer on his 2nd Championship. Well Done.

13. Rickengeezer

Rickengeezer

Feb 25, 2005
    Central Texas
    Disclosures:
  14. Hugh_R

Hugh_R

Sep 9, 2008
    London, UK
    Fantasy league for bass players! Great idea!

15. Season 5 coming soon, invites will be sent to returning players in the next day or so.

Any new people that want to play, DM me with your email address and I will send you an invite.

16. tastybasslines

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
  17. Rickengeezer

Rickengeezer

Feb 25, 2005
    Central Texas
    Disclosures:
    Back to defend my crown...

DownWithTheDown likes this.
  18. GuiTuber

GuiTuber

Feb 19, 2015
    San Antonio, TX
    I'd like to join. I've played Yahoo Fantasy Baseball before, so I already have a profile set up and ready to join a league.

What kind of league will it be? Is it a live or auto-draft? And what kind of scoring?

19. Live draft on 3/29/15 8:00 pm Central time. Head to head league. As of now categories are Hitting - R, HR, RBI, AVG, OPS, Net SB. Pitching - QS, SV, HLD, K, ERA, WHIP.

It's a good competitive league. DM me with your email address and I will invite you.