Second date

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by klejst, Feb 24, 2014.

1. klejst

klejst

Turning to the faithful TB community for ideas for second dates.

2. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Dirty Lixx show. You wouldn't believe how that can seal the deal.

3. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

4. Immigrant

Immigrant

Museum or somewhere else similar. On a Saturday afternoon, followed by a delicious lunch or early dinner. If it was summer, the zoo is a great daytime date.

Optional reason #1) It is non-threatening and will make you appear smart and cultured.

Optional reason #2) By appearing smart, cultured, and non-threatening, you will edge closer to achieving your goal; the elusive and desirable poonanny.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. sowilson

sowilson

Dave & Busters - or even - Chuck E Cheeses and watch kids go crazy while you eat bad pizza.

7. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem. Gold Supporting Member

Museum, aquarium, or zoo are all good ideas. The primary reason being that you can take your time spending time together and they give you things to talk about and discuss as a built-in way to get to know more about each other. I'm personally (girl's eye view) not a fan of movies for dates until after the fourth or fifth because you can't talk in the movie, so there's way less opportunity to actually get to know the person you're with.

Girl's eye view again - the fact that you want to plan what you're doing is a good thing. It tells her about the kind of person you are. By the time you get to date three or four, it's cool to ask her for ideas on what she'd like to do. If you do that to early though, you open the door to something over the top that you might not be ready (or willing) to pay for (if she's that kind of girl).

8. Mktrat

Mktrat Wait. What?

+1

The movie thing could be fun too. Keep it low key, go see the LEGO movie!! :bag:

You could also do a "tour the city" kind off thing. Dinner at one place, dessert somewhere else then a coffee shop after....

9. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration Supporting Member

DO NOT take her to band practice! Just kidding...

Movie and dinner seems about right. Keep it casual and upbeat. If she liked your 1st date, she'll probably even like miniature golf...

10. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

A second date is great. It means nothing was too awkward in the first, which also means the green light has been given. I say a Chinese take out and a movie on your couch is a great idea! Get you some!

11. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

Yeah, the second date is probably not the time to go see a show about drugs and addiction. If it is really cold, inside is better than outside. On the other hand, if it is cold and you go to the zoo, there's the shared body warmth thing. But read it wrong and you are in trouble already!

Live music is good, but it can make it hard to hear each other, so save that one, too.

12. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

Take her fishing and pack a nice picnic lunch.
    It really does make for a nice date.

13. BurningSkies

BurningSkies Supporting Member

Museum -> decent pub -> dinner.

Don't pick a 'pickup bar' or a sports bar but a place that has some atmosphere, isn't too busy and serves some quality beers and mixed drinks. Dinner. No chains. It doesn't have to be fancy but aim for something that is GOOD and has a good reputation with 'food' people if you're not one already.

14. Milk

Milk

hmm...a lot of girls are NOT into fishing.....

Especially anyone that lives in the city. An outdoorsy type girl living in the countryside, that might work, but otherwise im not sure. Definitely you'd want to find out if its something they might like before even bringing it up.

If I think of all the girls ive been with, its safe to say none of them would have liked to go fishing.

**** i'm a guy and im not into fishing. (though I somehow did do it as a kid a lot)

15. BurningSkies

I'd avoid an aquarium too... most of them don't smell great to start with.

My wife and my first date was a drive down to Ithaca (about an hour away), a gallery night and shopping on their 'common' (with a souvenir gift at a vintage place) followed with dinner at one of her favorite places there (a funky tapas bar/restaurant), desert at a different place. Home by 11pm on a Thursday night.

16. bassinplace

bassinplace

Another vote for museum + dinner. They're always a good go to as they stimulate conversation as opposed to a movie where you just sit there in silence. If you have any ideas about what her interests are, plan something based around that.

17. Syxz_ML

Syxz_ML

Avoid a movie. Horrible early date option. Depending on your city nightlife I'd shoot for a special event on the second date. Maybe it's a art gallery opening, usually they'll have wine/drinks. Maybe some kind of rooftop party. Again do your HW on what goes on in your city. The point is second date take her somewhere you both know is a one time spur of the moment type thing where certain event will never happen again or rarely. Gives it a glad we got to see that because that was our only chance vibe. She'll also feel that I'm glad I got to see that, and thanks for picking me to share that once in a lifetime experience with you.

18. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Perhaps a symposium analyzing symbolism contained within the works of some of the more popular Russian poets of the 19th century? Trediakovsky can be very stimulating, and I don't know I've ever discussed his work without it leading to my getting lucky.

Of course, if you wish to move a little more slowly, you may try Pasternak, but unless you look at the poems he wrote before the age of ten, I'm saying that technically, he doesn't qualify as a 19th Century poet at all.

You may have to do a little traveling to find such a symposium, but you can make it a fun road trip, and maybe look for some type of kitchy Americana on the way, such as a boat motor museum or lizard farm. It's good to let her know you're not all about snobby elitism, after all.

Bring some ham sandwiches, and home-made potato chips, and a gallon of red wine spiked with vodka. That has never failed me!

19. BurningSkies

Other stuff we did/do for 'dates':

-Winery tours (not possible in some regions), brewery, distillery visits

-day trips to NYC, Boston, etc., for day long outings with food, art, music.

-visits to vintage/antique or funky crafts festivals.

-Music. : )

-Staying in and cooking together. <-something we still do and love to do. Time in the kitchen is good time. Bring drinks.

20. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

+1 on the Dirty Lixx concert, maybe get mellow to dedicate a song while recreating the forest photo shoot?

Otherwise dinner and a church-burning.

In all seriousness, if you made it past the first and shes excited, that is a good sign. Or she is going to harvest your organs.

21. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned