1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

second hand ashdown?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by tomsherlocked, Jan 25, 2014.

1. tomsherlocked

tomsherlocked

hi, i'm looking at buying a second hand Ashdown MAG-300H EVO head with a matching 300w cab. however the guy selling it keeps going on about having put celestion drivers in it and how improved it is? could someone advise me whether this is indeed an improvement or not? :help:

PS i'd be paying around £300 for both (about $500)
  2. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

I have been looking for a specific used ashdown for a couple of years now. Not seen 1 anywhere for sale. Good luck
  3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

What specific Celestion driver? It's doubtful ANY replacement spkr is an actual "upgrade".
  4. Bassmec

Bassmec

Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    I heartily concur with this, as I doubt that the original design of the cabinet was optimised for the celestion drivers.
    There is however nothing at all wrong with celestion drivers in general.
    And operating in a cabinet designed to make use of there Thiel small parameters might indeed be a small upgrade.
    The only real test for this is trying it live, back to back with a stock one.
    :bassist:
  5. tomsherlocked

tomsherlocked