1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Secondhand ampeg B200r or new ba115??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Phenomoron, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Phenomoron

Phenomoron

Hi guys,
    I've been offered a secondhand ampeg b200r Chinese model.
    I was thinking if buying a new ampeg ba 115 next week as ideal for practice and small gigs plus a warranty.
    What would ye guys go for thanks :)

2. bccbass

bccbass

I would take the ba115 out of those two.

3. Phenomoron

Phenomoron

Cheers bccbass...any particular reason?

4. bccbass

bccbass

The B200R receives low marks on reliability and reviews. I went with the B100R (owned 2) and it gets very good reviews and sounds awesome with high customer satisfaction. There is a lot of information here on these amps. I've played the BA115 and it's a nice amp. Keep in mind that all these are on the heavy side for lower wattage combos. I also have a BA108 which is a fantastic practice amp. So I would rate the B100R first, then the BA115...and personally wouldn't consider the B200R.....but that's just me!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

I would take the BA only because it is new, the BA line has a high failure rate and Ampeg warranty only applies to whoever actually bought the product.