1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Seeing/Hearing other players playing YOUR basslines...?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by oboylebass, Oct 31, 2013.

1. oboylebass

oboylebass

In the course of being a working musician this will happen from time to time. It's happened to me 3 times in the last few months...I do a record with someone but I'm unavailable for their gigs due to scheduling conflicts. Somehow though I end up seeing them live or on a web video, someone playing my basslines. Kinda weird/cool I guess, but also funny when they don't quite nail it.

Anyone else?
  2. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen Supporting Member

It's happened to me before and it will happen again very soon... Just got kicked out of a band because the singer/leader's wife is a Yoko. Let's see if the next dude can play the lines as well as I did.
  3. Humbled

Humbled

I heard my basslines come from outer space and appear on a gizmo in the dash of my car once or twice. Freaks me out every time.
  4. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

I had Willie Weeks do mine on songs I cowrote, no complaints here.;)
  5. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

A number of years ago when I was playing and writing for an avant-jazz band I had to miss a gig due to family issues. We knew another local bassist who had the chops and correct frame-of-mind to be able to sub for this sort of gig (it was not the sort of material someone can just walk in and sight-read or simply learn by rote; it required a particular understanding of the music's impetus and poetic conceit) so we recruited him, I gave him all my charts plus some CDs and he had 3 or 4 rehearsals with the band then did the gig.

Afterwards I asked him how it went and he said "I dunno man, it felt kinda...dirty, like I was sleeping with your girlfriend."