Seeing/Hearing other players playing YOUR basslines...?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by oboylebass, Oct 31, 2013.

1. oboylebass

oboylebass

In the course of being a working musician this will happen from time to time. It's happened to me 3 times in the last few months...I do a record with someone but I'm unavailable for their gigs due to scheduling conflicts. Somehow though I end up seeing them live or on a web video, someone playing my basslines. Kinda weird/cool I guess, but also funny when they don't quite nail it.

Anyone else?
  2. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Media:
    It's happened to me before and it will happen again very soon... Just got kicked out of a band because the singer/leader's wife is a Yoko. Let's see if the next dude can play the lines as well as I did.
  3. Humbled

Humbled Supporting Member

I heard my basslines come from outer space and appear on a gizmo in the dash of my car once or twice. Freaks me out every time.
  4. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

I had Willie Weeks do mine on songs I cowrote, no complaints here.;)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

A number of years ago when I was playing and writing for an avant-jazz band I had to miss a gig due to family issues. We knew another local bassist who had the chops and correct frame-of-mind to be able to sub for this sort of gig (it was not the sort of material someone can just walk in and sight-read or simply learn by rote; it required a particular understanding of the music's impetus and poetic conceit) so we recruited him, I gave him all my charts plus some CDs and he had 3 or 4 rehearsals with the band then did the gig.

Afterwards I asked him how it went and he said "I dunno man, it felt kinda...dirty, like I was sleeping with your girlfriend."