1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

SEEKING HELP- Dog Is Dead bass tabs

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by OneAri, Jan 19, 2013.

1. OneAri

OneAri

Hey all, I have an charity performance in the not too distant future and was hoping to have this track in somewhere:

Really love the basslines across most of their songs but my ability to play by ear is pitiful. I have searched all over and cannot find tabs anywhere. I was hoping someone at TB who's far better at tabbing by ear could help me?

Any help is hugely appreciated
  2. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

I'm going to do this for you because you're a fellow Ari, it doesn't sound too hard and you hipped me to a cool band I hadn't heard before. I should be able to crank this out after work today. Cheers.
  3. OneAri

OneAri

Thank you so much, really appreciate it, i love the basslines but as i said my ability to play by ear is awful

Thanks again
    Ari :)
  4. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

This video isn't loading on my iPad now that I'm home, my gf is gone and i can't get on her laptop so unless someone tells me the name of the song I won't be transcribing this anytime soon. Besides, the Boston Bruins start their season in an hour and I'm chilling with a beer. Also I was hoping these guys were more like Tame Impala. Nice album cover tho.
  5. OneAri

OneAri

okay sounds fair :D the song title is 'Get Low' by Dog is Dead, not sure if thats what you were asking I may have misunderstood?
  6. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

Yes that's what I wanted. I will have to buy it on iTunes because my girlfriend won't let me use her laptop or I'd have to transcribe it at my office or some other computer. I'll get it done for you because I like to keep my word.
  7. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

Looks like I don't have to buy it on iTunes. There are other vids that work on my iPad just your link wasn't working for some reason. I should be able to post this tomorrow for you.
  8. OneAri

OneAri

Thanks again, seems odd that it wasn't working, i tried it on my phone and didn't have too much trouble

Ari
  9. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

Here's what I hear. I'd say it's 99% accurate. Try not to confuse time signature changes as notes. There are a lot of instances where there are two bars of 4/4 followed by an extra two beats or bar of 2/4. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. OneAri

OneAri

I make it about perfect, it's gonna take a while for me to grasp the changes and to a lesser extent the rhythm
    thank you so much :)
  11. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

Considering I transcribed it with a pair of cheap headphones through an iPad off youtube, I'd say it's pretty good. The part at 2:58 could have some debatable choices on the sixteenth note upbeats on two and four, but make sure you nail those downbeats E,C,G,D. You could probably throw in a couple power chords at the end of that section before going back to the main riff to end the song.