Seismic Audio 2x15 Bass Guitar Speaker Cabinet:

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by tony89merc, Jan 15, 2014.

1. tony89merc

tony89merc

Hey folks... I was just if anybody out has heard or played trough this cab ?? It's 600 watts rms and 1200 watts peak... The reason why I'm asking is right now Seismic Audio has this cab on sale for a $ 150.00 with free shipping.... Right now I play through a 4x10 setup... At this price I wouldn't mind a couple of 15's to fatten up the bottom end ... Again I was just wondering...
  2. tony89merc

tony89merc

Sorry folks.... I didn't realize its already been talk about.... I looked too.... guess not in the right forum.... again.... sorry...
  3. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Just because they are 15s doesn't mean they will give you more low end. My 810 gives me 10x the lows that my old 215 setup did. If you want more lows go get an identical 410 cab to the one you already have.
  4. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

My personal experience with this brand is they provide flimsy construction that will fall apart with little effort. Quality of the drivers and sound is low. Look for something better that is used. Wouldn't waste time with Seismic.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    This ^^

At their prices, one couldn't use anything of even medium quality and make a profit. You'd be better off buying a used cab of decent quality.
  7. tony89merc

tony89merc

Thank you guys.... After finding the other post and reading them on these cabinets has convinced me that I wont be buying them at any price... Just wished I had found the other post before wasting anyone's time...
  8. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    They have their place. Better make some sort of sound than none at all, but if you can even remotely afford a used Avatar, Peavey, Crate, or anything else for that matter, I'd go with that instead.

Peavey is quality stuff...shouldn't really be lumped in with CratePeg. :)
  9. Figjam

Figjam Supporting Member

Peavey and Avatar are great.
  10. Sal Z.

Sal Z.

The Sa-215 will handle 600 watts, will reproduce 30 - 5K hz., the sound pressure level does not indicate 1 watt 1 meter test,
    I would say, it is a good investment for your lower end. Are you going to use a two way active electronic crossover with two amplifiers ? Using your upper frequency's going through your 410 cabinet & amp., and the bottom end going through your second amplifier and the 215 cabinet ?

Depth
    14"
    Weight
    66 lbs per cabinet