1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

seismic vs peavy 2x10

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bamofo88, Apr 6, 2014.

1. bamofo88

bamofo88

Im looking at two diffrent cabs to get for home practice i have a 73 bassman 100 im looking at eather a peavy headliner 2x10 or a seismic 2x10 both are close in price and both are 8 ohms and i know that the bassman likes 4 ohm cabs but i can always get a 15 or another 2x10 down the line. but for now im just looking a single cab in a good price range but the problem im haveing it with the wattage handleing should i get the peavy that handles 400 - 800peak or the seismic that handles 200 400peak ....any help or other suggestions would be great.
    Thanks

2. Bill Whitehurst

Bill Whitehurst

Between those two, I'd take the PV.

3. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Seismic would be about last on my list

4. tgriley62

tgriley62

I have a Peavey headliner 2x10 with a Hartke LH500. It is good sounding cab & I plan on adding a second soon. I have no experience with Seismic products so I can not give any opinion on their gear

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DerTeufel

DerTeufel

You definitely get what you pay for with the seismic cab. I have two seismic audio cabs - a 210 and a 215. Sure, they work, and they sound decent enough, but after a couple hours of playing, thermal compression sets in and my tone goes to crap.