1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Self-Booking your Band

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by mancefine, Feb 3, 2014.

1. mancefine

mancefine

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Orange Amplifiers and Spector Basses
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out a way to book my band regionially and eventually on a few 2 week spurts of touring. I've booked a tour for an old band before by emailing venues, but the problem is that none of the shows had guarantees and we played to almost no one the whole tour (we had 3 shows out of 21 that were worth a damn). We are based in Austin, TX.

What I'm curious about is what methods do you guys use to book your band? My initial idea is to get on Facebook and try and find bands in the cities we want to play that look to be on top of things and get with them about playing with them in their town. We could probably bring a good amount of them to Austin in return over the next few months. We really need to hire management/a booking agent as we are at that point where we are good enough and actually NEED one, but I can't seem to find someone with a proven track record, even in Austin. I'm just really out of touch, and these days it seems hard to even find a venues contact info. Any advice would be helpful!
  2. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

be a dick, just facebook them

sounds counter productive, but worked for me..

a little while ago we crafted well thought out concise emails to venues with all pertinent links. absolutely no response

a few months ago i went on facebook and just messaged every venue i wanted to play

"i wanna book Meet At Sundown at your venue"

and hit send

got dozens of replies, including direct emails and phone numbers for managers, bookers, etc..