1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Send/Return

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by stevewinds, Feb 20, 2014.

1. stevewinds

stevewinds

Does anyone know if effects loops are pre or post eq? I have a Markbass III and there is a pre/post but the manual says that's for the DI.

2. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Post EQ.

It's essentially an insert between the preamp to the poweramp.

3. Sid Fang

Sid Fang Reformed Fusion Player Supporting Member

It depends on the amp design. It's usually post-EQ but I'm pretty sure I've seen some designs where it's switchable, just as the DI is often switchable to be pre/post EQ. If the manual doesn't say, and the schematic isn't available to examine, you could always test this by.connecting two cables to the FX loop jacks. Leave the return cable disconnected, which should cut off the power amp of the Markbass, and run the FX send to the FX return of another amp, a mixer, or a home stereo input, play or otherwise run a signal through the Markbass front end, and play with the tone controls. If they do anything, the FX loop is post-EQ.