Sending my Spector to Jenny Craig

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BassikLee, Dec 3, 2012.

1. BassikLee

BassikLee

Disclosures:
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    I have a Euro 5 that I would play lots more if she didn't weigh so much. I know I can shave about half a pound by going to Ultralight tuners. Is there a bridge that will "work" without a serious mod to the bass? The curved body has a little "shelf" the the bridge sits on. Ideally, a MUCH lighter bridge would dump a pound or more.

Thoughts?

2. AQUANOVA

AQUANOVA Gold Supporting Member

I feel the same way about my MusicMan Sterling.
    It's my favorite bass, but I play it the least amount because it's so heavy.:(
    I have seriously considered having someone router out the back, but I'm afraid I'll regret it and cry myself to sleep.

3. Steveaux

Steveaux

I'd be absolutely stunned if that bridge even weighed a pound.

4. Toptube

Toptube

In addition to tuners, you could try getting one of the Spector rebop bridges. they are made out of aluminum and should be lighter weight.

Also, you could get Lace Alumitone pickups. There's not much too them as far as materials. They are super lightweight pickups. Not light on tone, though! I rather like the Lace Helix bass I have.

*here are a couple of images to give you an idea of just how minimal these pickups are, regarding materials:
    http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/ikebe/img1029959839.jpeg
    http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/8114/Lace-Alumitone-Deathbucker-Humbucker-Pickup-Black/

the bass pickups come in sizes that should fit EMG routes.

5. Register to disable this ad