Sennheiser EW100G3 Best Bass Settings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slpbass81, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Slpbass81

Slpbass81

Hey Fellas,

Just wanted to get a thread started and hear how guys have modified the settings on their Sennheiser EW 100 G3 to get the best tone out of their bass rig.

2. songwriter21

songwriter21 Bassist for Chris Higbee Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Sponsored by Gallien-Krueger
    I haven't tried the G3, as I have had the G2 for years, and I get more than enough boom and volume from the right amp eq and monitor settings. Mind you, this was a process, to say the least. First, I had to tinker with my amp, to the point where I had a good "punch-you-in-the-chest" projection, juuuuust before I would get any farting from hitting the low strings at their hardest. I made sure that my cab wasn't "thwarting" (farting), and then I worked with my monitor guy. If you don't have one, then try to work with your FOH guy, main mixer guy, etc.

He (monitor man) keeps the eq flat for me, and simply adjusts the gain according to my preference. Keeping the eq flat is key, or else you won't get enough volume without sounding like a distorted mess in your ears.

Lastly, this is where I'd use the built-in eq on your transmitter, if need be.

Hope some of this helps!

3. songwriter21

songwriter21 Bassist for Chris Higbee Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Sponsored by Gallien-Krueger
    I almost forgot an obvious plus, and that is having in-ears that have good enough bass projection. I've been using Shure's 425 ?SE's? for a few years now, they sound great, and they're fairly affordable. I just need a little extra boom from my cab here and there, depending on the venue. I only usually use enough cab volume for the mic to pick up.