1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Setup for QOTSA

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by LowendPhil, Nov 10, 2013.

1. LowendPhil

LowendPhil

I am planning to have my 2nd bass setup for Queens of the Stone Age-No One Knows.

Rather than just downtuning to C,F,A#,D#.

Can I have the action all set solely for this song?

The guy I use for my setups is a bit good, just don't want to look like an ass when I ask him
  2. Turnaround

Turnaround

Disclosures:
    Bass Technician, Club Bass - Toronto
    Take the bass to your tech tuned the way you want and tell him to set it up using this tuning.
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Just tell the tech you want your bass set up for C tuning. You're going to want some thicker strings and you may need a new nut depending on how thick of strings you go with.

That's a fair bit of money to drop on a bass for just one song. Is there anything else that you'd use the tuning for? I play that song on a 5er and it works out very well, but I can also use that 5er to play anything else.