Several a+b switch boxes in series?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by soontobedead, Jan 26, 2013.

1. soontobedead

soontobedead

Hi guys,

I was wondering if it's possible to have more than 1 a/b box in series to switch between several effect setups. Kinda like switching between A and B signals which have their own signals split in 2. Don't know if it makes much sense, but it would be something like:

bass > preamp >
    A > ((A > reverb, delay, OD) (B > synth, octaver)) >
    B > ((A > distorsion, fuzz) (B > modulation)) >
    mixer > amp

So you would have 4 different signals, the first 2 in the A channel of the first box, and the other 2 in the B channel, separated by their own A+B boxes.

I don't even know if this is possible on a practical level (so prolly I'm just talking nonsense), but can any other inconveniences such as thinning the signal or tone sucking be expected from a setup like this? Is there an easier way to go about doing this?

Thanks!
  2. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Yes.. Its possible.
    . Why dont you just get a 4 channel TRUE bypass looper instead...like something from loopmaster or nose pedals? It will be a better method for you.
  3. soontobedead

soontobedead

I'm kinda new to the whole effects world (I bought one and the GAS pains can't be stopped now), so I'm not so knowledgeable about the choices available. Seems like the true bypass looper is a better alternative for effects mixing, but I'm kinda looking into having preseted tones affected by designated effects, not as much as mixing and matching effects on the signal. Is this possible with the looper?

Thanks!
  4. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

eh yah, the true bypass looper will do that just fine, when you are having 2 a/b switch in series, what happen is you have your effects running on the 4 bypass, so having a 4 channel true bypass looper is the same as having 2 ab box, furthermore you are just running in series.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

7. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

I think he will better with simple bypass looper haha... There is so many other pedals for his applications like the Carl martin octaswitch , ec custom shop super switcher, or any other programmable switcher.
  8. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

Maybe, but the functions he described with three AB boxes and a mixer are all taken care of with that one Wounded Paw blender.
  9. soontobedead

soontobedead

Yeah, that wounded paw box looks like a real problem solver. When I get enough effects to justify it's use, I'll get one... looks like a spacehog, tho.

Thanks, guys.