1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings - New album "Give The People What They Want"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Whousedtoplay, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

2. OldFenderPlayer

OldFenderPlayer

Its great to see they have a new album out. I read recently that due to health issues, Ms. Jones might have stopped singing.

I heard the band a year ago in Richmond, Virginia and they were kick-ass!
  3. HolmeBass

HolmeBass

Out at Maymont park, with DJ Williams Projekt opening? I saw them at that show. Hello from Charlottesville!
  4. OldFenderPlayer

OldFenderPlayer

It may have been in 2011 at the Richmond Folk Festival on Brown's Island.
  5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Great band and on April Fools day out here in stumptown! Bosco is a major piece of work. He delivers not only the bassline and production but that cat gives great and usually pretty funny interviews....
  6. Mr.Fingers

Mr.Fingers

I do find that bassline on "retreat" VERY interesting!
  7. Mr.Fingers

Mr.Fingers

8. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

9. mrufino1

mrufino1

If you haven't seen the documentary about Charles Bradley, see it, well worth your time.

These new songs sound very cool. I love everything about daptone, they just keep proving that good music is still being made.
  10. mrufino1

mrufino1

The album is incredible, it came out today. I love it, it seems like everything really came together on this album.