1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

sHEAVY

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BigLoopDuke, Nov 17, 2012.

1. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke Supporting Member

If you're into stoner rock/Sabbath, try sHeavy out. Spotify took me to a whole new level with the playlist this afternoon.
  2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Great band, lousy band name.
  3. Tom_RCJ

Tom_RCJ

I only have the one song "Electric Sleep" from them, but it is indeed great. I just played a gig with a band like that too.

and people say there's no good music these days...
  4. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke Supporting Member

Its insane how close they get to a modern Black Sabbath. I love riff-rock and have been on quest to find something closer to Ozzy-era Sabbath. While I love Bison BC, Truckfighters, Sleep, etc, sHEAVY is the Bees Knees.
  5. Mark Reccord

Mark Reccord

They're friends of mine. I actually recorded the Blue Sky Mind album (terrible recording but we were all young and didn't have access to the best gear in the world, plus they kind of wrecked it in mastering) and mixed some of "The machine that won the war." I've also mixed them live more times than I can count.

The vinyl version of BSM sounds way better than the CD version. We "un-mastered" it and got back some of the top end.

Great band for that Sabbath-esque vibe. Did you know that Steve Hennessey actually auditioned for Black Sabbath and spent a week hanging out with Tony Iommi back in the 90s? He said it was a mind-blowing experience as one could imagine. :D
  6. MICKUSS

MICKUSS

East Coast Stoner Rock Legends!!!