1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

sHEAVY

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BigLoopDuke, Nov 17, 2012.

1. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke

If you're into stoner rock/Sabbath, try sHeavy out. Spotify took me to a whole new level with the playlist this afternoon.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Great band, lousy band name.

3. Tom_RCJ

Tom_RCJ

Disclosures:
    Band is sponsored by Trinity Amps and Sennheiser.
    I only have the one song "Electric Sleep" from them, but it is indeed great. I just played a gig with a band like that too.

and people say there's no good music these days...

4. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke

Its insane how close they get to a modern Black Sabbath. I love riff-rock and have been on quest to find something closer to Ozzy-era Sabbath. While I love Bison BC, Truckfighters, Sleep, etc, sHEAVY is the Bees Knees.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mark Reccord

Mark Reccord

They're friends of mine. I actually recorded the Blue Sky Mind album (terrible recording but we were all young and didn't have access to the best gear in the world, plus they kind of wrecked it in mastering) and mixed some of "The machine that won the war." I've also mixed them live more times than I can count.

The vinyl version of BSM sounds way better than the CD version. We "un-mastered" it and got back some of the top end.

Great band for that Sabbath-esque vibe. Did you know that Steve Hennessey actually auditioned for Black Sabbath and spent a week hanging out with Tony Iommi back in the 90s? He said it was a mind-blowing experience as one could imagine. :D

7. MICKUSS

MICKUSS

East Coast Stoner Rock Legends!!!