1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sheehan rotosound - making them a 5er set???

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by basspraiser, Dec 10, 2013.

1. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

I just got a new (well...new to me) bass and it had Sheehan rotosound string on it....I like the grind and clarity of the strings....

I want to try a set on another bass...BUT the problem is that (other than the lakland HoBo I just purchased) all I have are 5 string basses.

I did some research and found out that Sheehan rotosound strings only come in 4 string sets.

Question 1: Does Rotosound sell individual strings?

Question 2: If so, what B would you recommend to compliment the other 4 strings?

thanks for the input!
  2. GK Growl

GK Growl

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

Yep, Bass Strings Online is the place to get Roto singles.
  4. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Really the only string that makes the BS66 set exclusive is the .043 G string. The other strings can all be purchased as singles.

If you want to make a 5-String set add a Low-B. .130 or .135 will be great
  5. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Thanks guys....great info!