Shipped a Bass to Angeldust, then LOST $900!!! Help!!!

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by Bass Grease, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Bass Grease

Bass Grease

I screwed up. I shipped a bass to an unverified address and now Angeldust has issued a chargeback with his bank...now I have a very negative account balance!

Attached is shipping info.

Here is a link to Angeldust's "Premium Bass" website. I used to own the second stingray down but now that belongs to Angeldust. I just need my money credited back to my account.

I have asked Angeldust to contact his bank, but he is not returning responses in proper English and I don't understand what he means.:help:

I admit I screwed up before, but I apologize and I promise to never take so long to ship a bass again. I understand I need to deal with a hassle to learn my wrong doing, but I don't deserve to lose $900.

If anyone can help, I'm 900$ desperate right now...

Attached Files:

2. Bass Grease

Bass Grease

bass for sale

and the bass when i owned it

Attached Files:

3. Bass Grease

Bass Grease

:(

Attached Files:

4. Philonius

Philonius Supporting Member

You need to work with paypal, nobody here can do much else for you. Of course someone's gonna volunteer to go beat him up for you, but that isn't a very good idea, and won't put money back in your account.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bass Grease

Bass Grease

I will try if that is my only option, but it doesnt look promising

Attached Files:

7. AngelDust

AngelDust

I'm asking moderators not to kill this thread! Because when PayPal return his money after arbitration period i need a proof to throw in his impudent face! And please, when it will be done - i want that this person will be banned from this community!

Thanks a lot!
    Sincerely
  8. AngelDust

AngelDust

Lie. I issued chargeback the few days before i started scam thread at TB about your fraud. When i got bass - i call to my bank and canceled refund. Now it's 45 days arbitration period of frozen money. They frozen my 900$ too. At 6-th of march it will be free.

Who gave you right to public perform of my personal information?!!!

Yeah, right! I have nice bass webshop and work in this way 5 years already. I like to own and sale basses! I help one people to sell it and another to buy! Is that a crime?

English is not my native, but i'm thoroughly learning it. But i know it enough to explain problem! I think you understand me.

What help do you want to get from this community? Find me? - i'm here. Get money from me? - you got it 15-th october! Knock out money from PayPal? - contact their, not me! I canceled refund 14-th january now it's business between you and your bank (PayPal). Just wait 45 days from 14 Jan.
  9. RustyAxe

RustyAxe Supporting Member

Uh ... where's the bass now? Did I miss something?
  10. alembicguy

alembicguy Lone Wolf Miner Supporting Member

And looks like 2 more to the ignore list.
  11. sleepy_monkey

sleepy_monkey

So AngelDust sent funds in October and just now received the bass? If that is the case, I am not sure why the OP expected anything different.
  12. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    Wow, I feel bad when it takes me 24 hours to ship. Bass Grease, you need to work things out with PayPal. Why would you take so long to ship the bass?
  13. Bass Grease

Bass Grease

Thanks for letting me know the time frame angeldust. That's all I was asking you for. I appreciate it.
  14. sleepy_monkey

sleepy_monkey

+1
  15. henry2513

henry2513 Supporting Member

I learned long ago to ship as soon as humanly possible, it's really easy to let an item sit there.
  16. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
    Bassgrease already took his lumps for that in a different thread where Angeldust was worried he was being ripped off. When that thread happened it wasnt too hard to find Bassgrease's phone number. I intervened and contacted him (bassgrease) because I hate to see anyone ripped off here. I worked it out that Angeldust got his bass shipped to him the within 24 hours.

The thing is, on January 21st Angeldust sent me a PM thanking me for the help and on the 22nd said he had already received the bass. On Feb 8th, more than two weeks AFTER he received the bass, his bank initiated a chargeback against bassgrease and snatched back the money for it. The next day I got a text from Bassgrease wanting to know why I helped Angeldust scam him and walk away with the bass and the money. I contacted Angeldust right away as I do not in any way appreciate if I have been used to help rip off a member, or even be used as part of some "payback". Angeldust's replies have not been reassuring. He is now asking/expecting Bassgrease to wait 45 days for his money. This all seems very fishy to me. I regret getting involved to be a TB good samaritan as I feel as if it is likely my good faith has been manipulated for ill. In my own experience, my bank has put holds on funds for me in the past, those holds have always been able to be lifted immediately upon my direction to my bank and chargebacks put holds on funds immediately, not 16 days later.

Angeldust has refused to explain this.:eyebrow::eyebrow:

if there is a solid, true explanation for this and the funds are truly in process back to Bassgrease I apologize for any public skepticism this post may make towards Angeldust. If there is NOT such, then I hope this post starts the pressure needed to return the money to the proper hands no matter how at fault Bassgrease initially was.
  17. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Paypal holds funds without any recourse from either party, if there are any red flags about the deal. They are not obliged to follow normal bank procedures. Since both parties are calling foul, it does not surprise me that Paypal is holding the funds for 45 days.

Edit: The Paypal complaint was filed when Angeldust says it was, back when his original thread went up, not sometime after receiving the bass. But then on Feb 8th some "update" occurred that closed the case. Maybe Angeldust filed a second complaint, two weeks later, with his bank or credit card? Or maybe that's when he confirmed to Paypal that the case could be closed. In either case, it's not Angeldust holding the money, it's Paypal.
  18. eyeballkid

Disclosures:
    If it is paypal holding the money up, Bassgrease has provided proof of shipment to them but has been told since Angeldust had him send it to an unverified address then he is not protected as a seller. The onus would then be on Angeldust to contact paypal and inform them that there is no continuing dispute as he now has his bass so the money can be released. In the past when I had two ebay disputes, once I informed paypal that as a buyer I was satisfied the money was released the same day to the seller. I assume that is still their policy.
  19. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    No, their policy (and I'm serious, not speculating or trying to be funny) is to hold money any time they are suspicious of any part of a deal. In your case, they decided to let the money go because you were the only party with a complaint.
  20. eyeballkid

Disclosures:
    hmmm.... ok. Ill take your word on that.
    I would GUESS that if BOTH parties contact them that all is resolved and that the money should be released to the seller then it could be, could it not? If everyone involved says "hey, we're good." there should be no reason for paypal to be "suspicious".

Im just wanting to make sure everything is on the up and up since my helping a member has turned into a question as to whether I helped in a scam by a member who now has neither cash, nor bass. I believe Bassgrease is certain of where I stand and stood, but I wont be satisfied until he has NO question left in his mind because all is properly resolved. I work too hard for my good rep.

as to your edit... You are correct that the paypal complaint began when he said. According to my conversations with Bassgrease, the "update" on Feb 8th was when the chargeback happened. His account was not hit until then. My question is exactly why, more than two weeks after receiving the bass, did that happen? Did Angeldust file a 'second complaint' to yank the money, or initiate a chargeback with his bank after receiving it?

Angeldust wont answer these questions, which since I did the legwork to get his bass for him and have had my involvement questioned, I feel I am more than entitled to an answer to this. If everything is on the up and up there should be a simple and clear answer.
  21. Bass Grease

Bass Grease

Just got off the phone with paypal. They are currently disputing on my behalf, and began the most recent dispute on Feb 8th. The money is INDEED in Angeldust's bank. Paypal says most banks operate on a 75 day period, which would put the deadline for returning the money on April 29th, 2013. Looks like this thread will be up for a while!

Angeldust didn't do anything wrong here, in fact I was the one in the wrong, but I strongly caution against shipping anything EVER to an unverified address.

Like Angeldust says, the money should be back in my account by March 6th...I hope he is right!