1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Shipping a Neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slackerprince, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Slackerprince

Slackerprince

I sold my P bass neck and I'll be shipping it from Tampa to Chicago.
    I guess I'm a little nervous about the packaging, specifically, moisture from the heat to the cold.
    It's currently wrapped in a blanket, then I was going to use bubble wrap, then I was thinking a garbage/recycling bag or two tied in a knot, then cardboard box.
    I was just concerned with condensation of moisture or something else getting to the wood.
    Don't know if it'll be sitting in a mail truck, post office, or something.
    I just know it's been super cold up in Chicago, so I just don't want any issues.
    Anyway, anyone have recommmendations for the packaging?
    Thanks.

S
  2. Supertanker

Supertanker Watch the dog! He is trained to bite! Supporting Member

Don't worry about it.

It will be fine.

Wood is very resilient....
  3. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    Yeah, don't worry about it. FedEx has a cardboard tube that I used to ship a neck before. It was a MusicMan neck and those are 3+1 rather than 4 tuners on a side so maybe a P badd neck won't fit, but it might be worth a shot if you live close to a FedEx location.
  4. Phalex

Phalex Yeah, I've got the moves like Jagger. Supporting Member

Loosen the truss rod, use a shipping tube, and add enough void fill to keep it from bouncing around inside of it.
  5. Slackerprince

Slackerprince

Sounds good.
    Thanks!

S