1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  2. Search results may return 0 or few results. We are currently rebuilding the search index, may take a couple hours. Thank you for your patience!

Shipping a Neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slackerprince, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Slackerprince

Slackerprince

I sold my P bass neck and I'll be shipping it from Tampa to Chicago.
    I guess I'm a little nervous about the packaging, specifically, moisture from the heat to the cold.
    It's currently wrapped in a blanket, then I was going to use bubble wrap, then I was thinking a garbage/recycling bag or two tied in a knot, then cardboard box.
    I was just concerned with condensation of moisture or something else getting to the wood.
    Don't know if it'll be sitting in a mail truck, post office, or something.
    I just know it's been super cold up in Chicago, so I just don't want any issues.
    Anyway, anyone have recommmendations for the packaging?
    Thanks.

S

2. Supertanker

Supertanker Watch the dog! He is trained to bite!

Don't worry about it.

It will be fine.

Wood is very resilient....

3. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    Yeah, don't worry about it. FedEx has a cardboard tube that I used to ship a neck before. It was a MusicMan neck and those are 3+1 rather than 4 tuners on a side so maybe a P badd neck won't fit, but it might be worth a shot if you live close to a FedEx location.

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Loosen the truss rod, use a shipping tube, and add enough void fill to keep it from bouncing around inside of it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Slackerprince

Slackerprince