1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Shipping large cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by adivin, Dec 18, 2012.

1. adivin

adivin Supporting Member

Can large cabs like a 610 be shipped UPS and Fed Ex, or do they have to go freight?
  2. rpsands

rpsands

They can if they're under a certain size/weight packed. They can also go Greyhound which is often cheaper at the ~100lb size range.
  3. WCHIII

WCHIII

I asked that specific question about an 810
    cabinet. Zzsounds told me it had to ship freight
    but it only meant FedEx had to put it on a special
    truck and would still would be delivered to my
    house.
  4. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

When I had my Mesa 810 shipped in it had to be brought by truck freight because it was 175 lbs. The weight limit I was told for the 'normal' delivery trucks is 150 lbs max.
  5. adivin

adivin Supporting Member

Sounds like most 610s like an NV at 100lbs could go regular ground.
  6. Syco_bass

Syco_bass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Custom builder - Arizona Bass Company/Curcio Custom Basses
    + 1 for grayhound. By far the cheapest and eazy to deal with.
  7. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Both UPS and FedEx offer freight services. Ampeg ships their cabinets via UPS freight. It goes in a truck rather than a plane so it takes a few days longer.

It's worth checking the rates for all services. I shipped an amp recently FedEx and two day was less expensive the freight.