1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Shoegaze Effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by necropain, Nov 22, 2012.

1. necropain

necropain

1 can anyone get good pics of the pedalboards from My Bloody Valentine and Mono im interested to see what they are using

2. any suggestion for shoegaze effects?
  2. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Malekko Heavy Industry
    F U Z Z Z Z Z Z Z

:D
  3. JoZac21

JoZac21

E C H O O O O O O O

:D
  4. OzzyGreg

OzzyGreg Supporting Member

5. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

I love my Bloody Valentine. I was playing the Ride during the week, another good band from that era.

I suspect there was actually few effects on the bass. It's the guitars which mostly have tons and tons of effects (on tons of guitar tracks too).

Fuzz and reverb or echo will do the trick. A pedal such as the EH bass Micro Synth might also be interesting to test out.

Devi Ever is generally credited with creating many pedals used by shoe gazers. That being said I've tried a couple of her pedals and hated them. The build inside them was also terrible, poorly designed and sloppy. I would test before I buy with this builder.
  6. Tractorr

Tractorr

From what I have read and what it sounds like to my ears I agree with this. Usually the bass seems to hold the track down in these sorts of music.
  7. insomniac2295

insomniac2295 Supporting Member

Fuzz, Rat, Delay, Reverb, Octave, Whammy, Auto-Volume/Volume Pedal, Phaser, SuperEgo, EHX Freeze
  8. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

I think they used
    Delay... Delay.... Delay

late 80's early 90's only so much who the heck made those quad delays and reverbs.

there is various interviews with magazines where I think they mention what was used.

About 2 or 3 years ago they had that reunion show so I think I remember a big article about the studio process and alot of guitar talk wish I remember the magazine....google maybe?