Shopping for a Ric Pickguard

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by eligilam, Sep 24, 2012.

1. eligilam

eligilam

Hello all,

I'm looking for a mirror pickguard for my 1991 Ric 4003. I've found them for sale from

allparts.com
    dasbootman
    pickguardian
    wdmusic (aka pickguards.com)

Anyone recommend any of these over the rest? Prices are pretty similar at all places.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

3. eligilam

eligilam

Thanks Ric5. Regarding Pickguardian, from their website, they offer "Vintage Silver"...sounds like it could be the same as "Mirror." Pics don't reveal too much, though.
  4. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

Vintage silver will be a clear guard backpainted with silver paint. Similar to the construction of a mirror, but it will look like silver paint, not like a true reflective mirror. Tony's email is right on the website. Drop him a line and ask; he has many more materials than he's uploaded to his site.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. eligilam

eligilam

Thanks for the info, FretlessMainly. I'll email Pickguardian and see if they offer a "true" reflective mirror. I thought it would go very well with my tuxedo Ric's newly acquired silver straplocks...
  7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

WD has a mirror pickguard I think ... I had a plastic mirror pickguard and it didn't look good on any of my basses ... I gave it to a friend and he came to the same conclusion.

Also the pickguard has varied through the years ... screw locations may not always line up on the pick guard and the bass.
  8. eligilam

eligilam

Ordered from pickguardian. Great transaction. I'll post pics when available. Thanks again.
  9. OrphicTrench

OrphicTrench

Bumping for pics!