Shopping for Bass in Boston MA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dradder, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Dradder

Dradder

Any info or opinions about good places to shop for a bass guitar in Boston MA or reasonably nearby? Reason I ask is that I might be flying in for a brief event, and taking the opportunity to pick up another instrument to bring back with me to Ecuador. I looked at the website for the GC store in Boston, didn't see much of interest. Thanks!
  2. Reddog01

Reddog01

3. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsments listed in profile
    Check your PMs
  4. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

These are the stores I'd hit:

1. Mouradian Guitar in Winchester MA. This shop is 15 minutes north of Boston by car. Without question, the best place for price and selection in Boston.

2. Mike's Monster Guitar. On Mass Ave in Cambridge, between Harvard and MIT. Mike likes oddball stuff, so you'll find a lot of quirky gear on the walls. But the prices are reasonable, and it's a fun place to visit. A friend of mine picked up a late 60's Precision there for $1,500 not long ago.

3. Mr. Music in Allston. Prices are on the high side, and selection is up and down. One of the few shops that have been able to survive competing with GC.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jelly6466

jelly6466 Supporting Member