1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
  2. Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting. Note that the Classifieds Forums are now single-post ads. You can edit your ad any time to enter additional information. You can BUMP your ad by clicking the "bump" link at the bottom of your post (once every 24 hours). Thanks!

Shoreline Gold Parts Jazz Bass aged

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zacmac, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I bought this bass from a guy on ebay last year to try jazz basses and I think I am better suited with my 63' P. The body and neck were made by B Hefner who also did the finish and aging and overall they are really well built. The body is ash with a light fullerplast primer and a great shoreline gold nitro paintjob with matching headstock. the neck is straight and the trussrod works great. Frets are fender vintage 60's size and the dots are clay with clay half and half dots on the side. The back is satin and feels great. Not huge, not skinny, just a comfortable C. Overall the neck is better than a mass produced allparts to me and has a lot of features that I don't see on aftermarket necks that were present on vintage fenders.

The hardware is all period correct repro aged parts. Reverse tuners, threaded saddle bridge, aged mint guard, pushback cloth wiring with a vintage disk cap, exposed grounding strip like a 62' jazz. The pickups are a Duncan antiquity I in the neck and a vintage 73' jazz bass pickup that was rewound by Allea Coppolo's shop and has raised A & G magnets to compensate for the radius which I love. The bridge pickup seriously is great sounding, very warm and aggressive with no boomy E.

The only negative I have found with this bass is that the bridge was installed to far to the right and moved prior to me receiving it. Strings sit in line with polepieces now and the neck is straight with great action. I am looking for Sold Pending Funds.

click on the link below for the album of pics
    [​IMG]
    IMG_0285 by TheMcDowell's, on Flickr
  2. brennanmcnally

brennanmcnally Supporting Member

0   0   0

Oh man. Really wish I had the funds for this right now. Hurry up, tax return...
  3. LAG

LAG

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Fan: Green bay Packers
    Now this is a sweet J - bump
  4. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

What is the exact weight !
  5. Designerd

Designerd

0   0   0

What is the neck width at the nut?
  6. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Standard jazz - 1-1/2"
  7. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I weigh EXACTLY 191.4lbs without it and 200lbs while holding it in my left hand with it resting on my left foot.

This measurement was taken on a Weight Watchers model WW11D scale.
    http://www.conair-store.com/product_...D&HDR=WELLNESS

*Please note that my scale has not been recalibrated since time of purchase (approx. 2011) so buyer beware, weight readings can fluctuate up to 0.400 of a pound!
    *Also note that no food or beverages were consumed between the baseline measurement and the measurement with the bass.
    *Also note that this measurement was taken without a strap or straplocks. Adding these will add weight! As will flatwound strings, roundwounds are currently installed.

BTW I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I WILL INCLUDE A WORN BUT USABLE FENDER GIG BAG WITH PURCHASE! (but please do not ask me to weigh it)
  8. sneha1965

sneha1965 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Best reaction yet, though going through epidurals for C7 root nerve damage, I can understand why some would want to know. ;)
  9. sneha1965

sneha1965 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

That's 8.6 lbs for those who "no math". :)
  10. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

11. brett7276

brett7276 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

Pm sent would like to snag this
  12. thejumpcat

thejumpcat thejumpcat Supporting Member

Rating - 88.9%