1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Short Scale Bass

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jaxstarke, Jan 27, 2013.

1. jaxstarke

jaxstarke

Been working on a new short-scale bass project. Got the neck in today. Thought about having LED's installed but I just didn't have the cash. Anyway, I did have some nice mother-of-sharpie fret markers installed which I think really set it off. Can't wait to get it installed and crank it up! I'll keep you guys posted.

Attached Files:

2. repoman

repoman

3. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

That's too skinny at the nut for me.
  4. BulbousMoses

BulbousMoses

What's the string spacing going to be?
  5. Bintang

Bintang Supporting Member

Shouldn't this be moved into the "Luthier's Corner" Forum??? :rollno:
  6. Sneakypete

Sneakypete

Gasp! Giant hands - giant qwerty keyboard! Oh wait - I get it now.
  7. DeMayunn

DeMayunn

I wonder how much neckdive
  8. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Agreed. Perhaps the OP should post this in the Luthier's Corner. Plenty of knowledgeable TB'ers in there. They'll let you know the best pickups for this bass.

If this project is deemed later to be unsuccessful, you could always use it to stir your drinks. :)
  9. dalkowski

dalkowski

Curious about the tuning you'll use.
  10. jaxstarke

jaxstarke

Funny comments guys. Was worried I was gonna get burned for showing a little humor in this semi-stuffy forum.
  11. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

the perfect travel bass.
  12. pklima

pklima

Technically, the correct name for those is "daughter-of-sharpie". "Mother-of-sharpie" would be inlays made from pieces cut from the plastic tube part of the marker.
  13. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Well, it is the humor forum. We don't have to act stuffy in here. Kind of relaxing, actually.