1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

short term memory loss?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Icey101, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Icey101

Icey101

Seems as i move deeper into middle age i am constantly plagued by forgetting where my keys are or mobile phone, even last night i had to ring it to see where i left it. Any way of creating a process to ensure i dont keep losing things? Its getting worse and i keep thinking there must be a tumor in my head or something creating it :meh:
  2. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Don't be ludicrous Supporting Member

Make a shirt out of velcro (just the loop side) then put strips of the hook side of it on all your stuff. You can then just stick everything to yourself when it's not in your hands.
  3. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

I think your brain is like computer memory. The older you get the more memories you have to store. Sometimes you have to empty the trash to make room for new stuff. My advise is to always put your keys and phone in the same place so you don't have to remember where they are.
  4. jamminology101

jamminology101 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    Happens to me all the time as I get older. You could put a.....damn I forgot what I was gonna say...
  5. bassinplace

bassinplace

Get into the shed and start cracking your theory books. Sharpens the mind. :bassist:
  6. P Town

P Town Guest

I put a lanyard, (made with elastic cord, and clip hardware) on my wallet, and can attach my cell phone, and keys to it. I can also, and often do thread it through a belt loop, so everything is attached to my belt, or pants. If I loose it, I'm screwed. I do keep a hide-a-key, or two on the outside of my car, and one on the inside, also on a lanyard. I use a cell phone that takes a sim card, and I keep a few under twenty dollar spares around. When I used to travel a lot, I had two wallets with duplicate ID on me, and a third at home.
  7. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core Supporting Member

Ha, i did some damage in 1994 and have written stuff down since then. There is a great med called Provigal that will help w memory but you need to wodk swing shift, have narcolepsy or have a dr that will say you have or work. Only thing is it will keep you awake the first couple times
  8. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Go on Lumosity.com. It uses the science of neuroplasticity but in a way that just feels like games!

Actually don't, it's BS.
  9. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

:D Too true.
  10. NWB

NWB

Wait until you walk into a room and promptly forget why you're there.:meh:
  11. P Town

P Town Guest

I put a lanyard, (made with elastic cord, and clip hardware) on my wallet, and can attach my cell phone, and keys to it. I can also, and often do thread it through a belt loop, so everything is attached to my belt, or pants. If I loose it, I'm screwed. I do keep a hide-a-key, or two on the outside of my car, and one on the inside, also on a lanyard. I use a cell phone that takes a sim card, and I keep a few under twenty dollar spares around. When I used to travel a lot, I had two wallets with duplicate ID on me, and a third at home.

What do you mean I already said this? Didn't I just get here? Ok, well, anyway, I put a lanyard....
  12. P Town

P Town Guest

I have good friend who once said to me that he has smoked weed almost every day since about 1955, and that it had no negative effect on his mind. I asked him what he had for breakfast that morning, and he could not remember. I was born in 1955, and have smoked a LOT less weed than him. I don't remember what I had for breakfast either. What were we talking about anyway? Oh yeah, I put a, what do you call it? Oh yeah, a lanyard on my keys...
  13. fmoore200

fmoore200

NEVER PUT YOUR PHONE ON VIBRATE.

(I yelled that so old timer could hear me <he said as he nudged his friend with his elbow, with obvious disdain for the old man>)
  14. Icey101

Icey101

so if we only use 1% of our brain, why cant we activate the other 99% to remember stuff?