1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

short term memory loss?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Icey101, Feb 17, 2014.


  1. Seems as i move deeper into middle age i am constantly plagued by forgetting where my keys are or mobile phone, even last night i had to ring it to see where i left it. Any way of creating a process to ensure i dont keep losing things? Its getting worse and i keep thinking there must be a tumor in my head or something creating it :meh:
     
  2. Sponsored by:

  3. Bloodhammer

    Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

    Jul 7, 2009
    Basstalk247.com
    Make a shirt out of velcro (just the loop side) then put strips of the hook side of it on all your stuff. You can then just stick everything to yourself when it's not in your hands.
     
  4. Duuuuuuuuuude

    Duuuuuuuuuude

    Nov 30, 2005
    Denver
    I think your brain is like computer memory. The older you get the more memories you have to store. Sometimes you have to empty the trash to make room for new stuff. My advise is to always put your keys and phone in the same place so you don't have to remember where they are.
     
  5. jamminology101

    jamminology101

    Aug 22, 2012
    Indianapolis In
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    Happens to me all the time as I get older. You could put a.....damn I forgot what I was gonna say...
     
  6. Get into the shed and start cracking your theory books. Sharpens the mind. :bassist:
     
  7. P Town

    P Town

    Dec 7, 2011
    I put a lanyard, (made with elastic cord, and clip hardware) on my wallet, and can attach my cell phone, and keys to it. I can also, and often do thread it through a belt loop, so everything is attached to my belt, or pants. If I loose it, I'm screwed. I do keep a hide-a-key, or two on the outside of my car, and one on the inside, also on a lanyard. I use a cell phone that takes a sim card, and I keep a few under twenty dollar spares around. When I used to travel a lot, I had two wallets with duplicate ID on me, and a third at home.
     
  8. philvanv

    philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

    Jul 2, 2012
    Disclosures:
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can **** off
    Ha, i did some damage in 1994 and have written stuff down since then. There is a great med called Provigal that will help w memory but you need to wodk swing shift, have narcolepsy or have a dr that will say you have or work. Only thing is it will keep you awake the first couple times
     
  9. Milk

    Milk

    Sep 16, 2013
    Montreal, Canada
    Go on Lumosity.com. It uses the science of neuroplasticity but in a way that just feels like games!



    Actually don't, it's BS.
     
  10. Solarmist

    Solarmist Supporting Member

    Jul 24, 2007
    near Mt. Rainier
    :D Too true.
     
  11. NWB

    NWB

    Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    Wait until you walk into a room and promptly forget why you're there.:meh:
     
  12. P Town

    P Town

    Dec 7, 2011
    I put a lanyard, (made with elastic cord, and clip hardware) on my wallet, and can attach my cell phone, and keys to it. I can also, and often do thread it through a belt loop, so everything is attached to my belt, or pants. If I loose it, I'm screwed. I do keep a hide-a-key, or two on the outside of my car, and one on the inside, also on a lanyard. I use a cell phone that takes a sim card, and I keep a few under twenty dollar spares around. When I used to travel a lot, I had two wallets with duplicate ID on me, and a third at home.

    What do you mean I already said this? Didn't I just get here? Ok, well, anyway, I put a lanyard....
     
  13. P Town

    P Town

    Dec 7, 2011
    I have good friend who once said to me that he has smoked weed almost every day since about 1955, and that it had no negative effect on his mind. I asked him what he had for breakfast that morning, and he could not remember. I was born in 1955, and have smoked a LOT less weed than him. I don't remember what I had for breakfast either. What were we talking about anyway? Oh yeah, I put a, what do you call it? Oh yeah, a lanyard on my keys...
     
  14. fmoore200

    fmoore200

    Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    NEVER PUT YOUR PHONE ON VIBRATE.




    (I yelled that so old timer could hear me <he said as he nudged his friend with his elbow, with obvious disdain for the old man>)
     
  15. so if we only use 1% of our brain, why cant we activate the other 99% to remember stuff?
     



Share This Page