1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

shot in the dark but

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories' started by Micaiahf, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Micaiahf

Micaiahf

does anyone own a old samick P bass neck preferably in maple that they maybe would sell to me $60 my neck is completely far and gone
  2. Splods

Splods

I have an old samick, but it was a gift from my brother, so I cannot sell it to you.

In terms of necks, they had a slightly smaller neck pocket to a fender, so if you buy a fender replacement neck, you might be able to make the neck pocket slightly larger and then fit it in. I managed to force on in, but I did some cracks to the finish :rollno:

Best of luck mate

PS: got any photos of the neck?
  3. Micaiahf

Micaiahf

well its not unplayable by any means its just the truss rod nut is so far striped i can't do anything to it and i can't even pop it out
  4. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member Supporting Member

If the truss rod nut has a stripped/circular hole where an allen key used to fit... all you need to do is buy a screw extractor of the right size to back-out the stripped truss rod nut.

I've had success with this method on two basses.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Micaiahf

Micaiahf

i don't really even think that will do there is no grip in the socket left but i'll see
  7. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member Supporting Member

Screw extractors require "no-grip"... that's why they work. You would normally have to first drill a clean "no grip" hole into which you would insert the screw extractor. Someone has already done this for you by stripping out the truss rod nut hole. Screw extractors are available at any decent auto part store for under $10. Google it and you'll see why. They are used to remove much tougher items than stripped truss-rod nuts.