Should have been NBD today:(

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by natrontheape, Feb 18, 2013.

1. natrontheape

natrontheape

So I took delivery of a big huge box today from UPS. I opened it excitedly as I had slotted this president's day holiday as a day for joyously playing my new bass. My kid was in daycare and I rarely get a day to myself. I was mega excited.

I opened the box and instead of the beautiful brand new EBMM Stingray 4 HH SLO Special I paid for... guess what I found...

A freaking empty dean acoustic bass CASE. I was beyond let down. Anyway I shipped it back to MF at their expense and I'm hopefully they get it right this time. How do you make that mistake? It's so bad it's actually almost funny... The CS dept didn't even sound the slightest bit surprised...

It was a bummer. Just needed to vent to a sympathetic community.
  2. JimB52

JimB52 User Gold Supporting Member

I feel your pain. That SLO HH Stingray sounds great. What color is it? Or will it be when it arrives?
  3. TheFenderBender

TheFenderBender

Empty DEAN case?

That's the worst insult I've seen on these forums so far. What an awful thing to do.
  4. natrontheape

natrontheape

If it arrives... It should be black on black with a matching headstock. The wait is killin me!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. natrontheape

natrontheape

Lol! Yeah. It's pretty bad.
  7. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

What in the? How is that even possible? The only thing worse than that would be actually getting a dean bass!
  8. SactoBass

SactoBass There are some who call me.......Sactobass

What the???????

But you will soon look back at that moment and laugh.
  9. natrontheape

natrontheape

Yes! You guys are cracking me up. I knew this was the right place to air my acoustic bass case blues.
  10. Immigrant

Immigrant

There has been a lot of stuff like this lately.

I saw a show about UPS on CNBC a year ago. UPS is getting into distribution and vendors are warehousing stuff at UPS hubs. I can't say that MF is in on it, but I've never had a mis-shipped item from them ever, and I used to order A LOT of stuff. I haven't ordered from them in a long time.

Nothing but local and small. Or Sweetwater.

Good luck. I'm sure it will get worked out.
  11. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

I bought a nice metal sax mouthpiece from MF on sale! When it arrived, I had a cheap plastic mouthpiece. So I shipped it back. Got a nice email saying they had run out and would not be getting more. So I paid duty on a mouthpiece I never got.
  12. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    An empty case on Presidents' Day? There's a political joke in there, I just know it ... :D
  13. bass32

bass32

Hard to understand how they can make a mistake like that. They probably slapped the shipment stickers on the wrong boxes. I bet some guy who has been waiting for a Dean case is pleasently surprised! :hyper:
    You just gotta laugh or things like this will drive you crazy. I hope they get your bass to you very quickly. Post some pics when you do get it.

I've always played Fenders. Just my preference. But I checked out a Stingray 5 string over the weekend at GC. The neck felt really nice. Good fit and finish. Loved the color, Blue Pearl with gold hardware. The bass played really nice. I didn't hook it up through an amp so I can't say how it sounded. Had I been in the market for a new bass I would have seriously considered it.
  14. FloridaSam

FloridaSam

Pic or its an Epiphone case. ;)
  15. sevdog

sevdog

That's pretty funny.

Weed is good for some things, unfortunately shipping is not one of them.
  16. natrontheape

natrontheape

I'm a Fender guy too. This will be my first MM. My main player is an Olympic white 62 p bass reissue. I love that guitar but it's got flats on it and I wanted something more modern sounding and with a jazz size nut width, hence the sting ray SLO. Can't wait to get it.
  17. MIMJAZZ

MIMJAZZ

They should give you a discount or a little something extra. That's terrible.
  18. natrontheape

natrontheape

As long as it works out the second time I'm cool. Mistakes happen. I never buy guitars at full price so I already got a sizable discount on the bass.
  19. Beano_z

Beano_z

Aw man, that's awful, can you just imagine how much sense of responsibility the guy had who's in charge of packing this? An honest mistake would be to ship a wrong guitar (in its case), but an empty case? Sometimes I can't help but think they did it on purpose, I couldn't for the life of me understand why someone would be able to do this!
  20. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Sometime I am suspicious they ship something, anything, to meet some shipping metric.

High tech companies are know for this... ship empty boxes to meet year end requirements :(
  21. bass32

bass32

Ha! I'm just the opposite. I've been playing 5 string active Jazz's the past 20+ years after playing a 4 string p-bass for about 10-12 years and a 4 string active Jazz inbetween. I'm currently awaiting (delivery this wed.) on a 5 string passive p-bass. :D I'm looking to go back to that good old solid p-bass sound.
    If I hadn't of already ordered I would have hooked that Stingray up to an amp and gave it a good listen. If it sounded as good as it looked and felt, I may have bought it.