Should I be worried about my new Hartke combo?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by M4verick, Mar 9, 2014.

1. M4verick

M4verick

Last week I bought myself Hartke A35 combo and I love it, it's amazing.

What's botherng me, when I turn on the amp, I see loud "pop" sound coming from the amp to the speaker (I see that the speaker cone vibrates to that sound and my limiter led blinks).

It doesn't matter wether the input cables are plugged to the combo or not so it's not the matter of my pedals or guitar.

I read that the "pop" noise on some cabs is perfectly normal, but I wanted to confirm is it safe or should I be worried about my speaker ?
  2. schecter5string

schecter5string

Does it do it with the volume, and gain turned all the way down?
  3. M4verick

M4verick

yeah, the settings doesn't mater, it always "pops"
  4. bobalu

bobalu

I had one of these a few years ago and traded it away for I can't remember what, but I always regretted it. It was a great little practice amp. Anyhow, mine always worked flawlessly and never made any popping sound on start up or shut down. It was very quiet and reliable in that respect.

Can you return it or at least compare it to another one in the store to see if sounds the same? Mine was an older model (several years ago) and I don't know if production was continual, or if they stopped making it for a few years. I checked the Sweetwater site and the specs and looks are exactly the same as what I had.
  5. Register to disable this ad