1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Should I buy this and is it worth $2000?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HeavyAxe, Dec 7, 2013.

1. HeavyAxe

HeavyAxe

Hey everyone. So, recently I came across a Mayones Jabba Classic 5-string bass near me. I had never really heard of Mayones before but after seeing the pictures, my interest has been rising. Unfortunately I know little about the company or the bass. I'd be greatly appreciative if someone gave me some info on it, and if its a worthy buy.
    Thanks

http://www.mayones.com/en/katalog/jabba/jabba_classic

2. two fingers

two fingers You tahkin 'uh me? Yeah, you. You tahkin 'uh me? Supporting Member

3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBASS - PlayBASS! Supporting Member

NEOhio - lightweight but extremely powerful!
    I know nothing regarding pricing/value of Mayones basses, all I know is they are great sounding, well made instruments. If you like it buy it. :)

4. Jaco Taco

Jaco Taco

I'd prefer the Bobba Fett classic over the Jabba classic myself.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Dug2

Dug2 Supporting Member

yes and yes

7. Thrash3r

Thrash3r

New or used? I've played the 4 string version which was easily one of the best J's I've played, well worth price imo if it's brand new.

8. R Baer

R Baer Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    President, Baer Amplification
    Played some of these at NAMM and they are great basses. As good a modern jazz bass as anything out there. You just have to check the weight, as these can run a bit on the heavy side, if that is even an issue for you.